diy solar

diy solar

Solis settings

HP76

Hi I’m new to the forum and solar energy systems.

I have a Solis 3.6kwh hybrid inverter system with two 3.5kw Plyontech batteries. The question I had was related to trying to get the system to charge from the grid during 1.00am to 4.00am, then the house using the PV (not battery) and / or grid to power the usage up to 16.00, after which the house uses the battery for its usage needs.

Is this possible? If so, what are settings I need to use to achieve this?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

I have a Solis 3.6kwh hybrid inverter system with two 3.5kw Plyontech batteries. The question I had was related to trying to get the system to charge from the grid during 1.00am to 4.00am, then the house using the PV (not battery) and / or grid to power the usage up to 16.00, after which the house uses the battery for its usage needs.

Not familiar with Solis hybrids so much... but was recently on a thread with someone who has one.. and was charging battery overnight... @Patrick sv maybe you have a better idea...

So this is the Solis thread

Best thing to do is search the forum for Solis hybrid.. it’s a popular brand so should be loads of stuff out there....

If you want to stop your inverter using the battery, set a Discharge time from 04:01 to 16:00 with a current of 0 Amps. That stops the battery being used during that time.

(Solis 3kW Inverter with 2x Pylontech US2000C 2.4 kWh batteries)

Not familiar with Solis hybrids so much... but was recently on a thread with someone who has one.. and was charging battery overnight... @Patrick sv maybe you have a better idea...
Yes you can access your inverter from your phone or on inverter screen itself. Go to Advanced Settings and password is 0010 then you go to storage mode select then self use should be on,then time of use. Time of use has few options Charge and discharge. Charge only should be used when you want your battery charge from grid. Discharge means that you drain your battery back to grid.

So this is the Solis thread
Hi Culchee,
Thank you for the above advice and link, really appreciate the support. Slowly learning more about solar PV systems.

If you want to stop your inverter using the battery, set a Discharge time from 04:01 to 16:00 with a current of 0 Amps. That stops the battery being used during that time.

(Solis 3kW Inverter with 2x Pylontech US2000C 2.4 kWh batteries)
Hi Rpdom,

Thanks for the reply and advice. Can I check on the settings noted above, am I right in saying outside of the set discharge times the rate of discharge reverts to the standard rate?

Thanks again for your help.

Yes you can access your inverter from your phone or on inverter screen itself. Go to Advanced Settings and password is 0010 then you go to storage mode select then self use should be on,then time of use. Time of use has few options Charge and discharge. Charge only should be used when you want your battery charge from grid. Discharge means that you drain your battery back to grid.
Thanks Patrick SV for the reply.

Hi Rpdom,

Thanks for the reply and advice. Can I check on the settings noted above, am I right in saying outside of the set discharge times the rate of discharge reverts to the standard rate?
Yes. The times force a fixed discharge to happen. The rest of the time it will use the defaults.

found this page

found this page
For completeness, I found this guide (with pics) to be useful too...

Back