diy solar

diy solar

Sungold Power 48V 100AH Server Rack LiFePo4 Battery

rjz

I’ve got an off-grid system I’ve been working on and have the panels now installed, as well as Sungold’s version of the LV6548. About to place my order with Signature Solar for their EG4 server rack kit (6 batteries with rack) and just saw Sungold now has a battery that appears to be very similar to the LiFePower4 battery by SigSol. Any reviews on this new battery? I’ve not seen anything yet, but wanted to know more about them before I spend $9k.

If it was just one for $1,403, I’d do it, but I’m getting 6 of them, so…. I’d like to see Will or one of the other channels at the University of YouTube do a tear-down and capacity test before I pull the trigger here.

I would just stick with the signature solar or current connected batteries then, I can't see Will testing every single battery ever that comes to market, they're all pretty much the same thing.
At least with American companies you will get support unlike the far eastern companies where you just get excuses.

Any reviews on this new battery? I’ve not seen anything yet, but wanted to know more about them before I spend $9k.
Just wanted to followup, did you bite the bullet with these or something else? Lithium Solar did a review the other day and had 2 minor complaints, but not deal breakers. Plus they have a 10 year warranty. I've been eyeing these and the Ruixu (7-year) simply on price and want to avoid shipping as I'm only buying one or two batteries. Plus if I'm going to get lack-luster support I might as well pay less too.

I can't speak for long term use but I have been using 2 of the Sungold power 48v server rack batteries for about 2 months now with no problem. Using them along with their SP6548. About to buy a 3rd battery this week I think.

Last edited:
I can't speak for long term use but I have been using 2 of the Sungold power 48v server rack batteries for about 2 months now with no problem. Using them along with their SP6548. About to buy a 3rd battery this week I think.
Are you running them open loop or closed loop? I know @Kenny_ has been banging his head against the wall in another thread trying to figure out communications.

Yes, thanks for any information. I just learned that Sungold has a cable to communicate with a laptop. I'm trying to find out how to order it. Hopefully from the source it will be correct....

Yes, thanks for any information. I just learned that Sungold has a cable to communicate with a laptop. I'm trying to find out how to order it. Hopefully from the source it will be correct....
You have to email Joyce to order the cable. I ordered one last Saturday and it's been "sitting" since Thursday the 9th with a tracking number for USPS. The cable is $35 for the RS232 to USB cable

I’ve got an off-grid system I’ve been working on and have the panels now installed, as well as Sungold’s version of the LV6548. About to place my order with Signature Solar for their EG4 server rack kit (6 batteries with rack) and just saw Sungold now has a battery that appears to be very similar to the LiFePower4 battery by SigSol. Any reviews on this new battery? I’ve not seen anything yet, but wanted to know more about them before I spend $9k.
Ordered 2 November 3rd and they still have not shipped yet. ? Same excuse as back in September. Took 39 days, ordered the system in July, got it September 6th. Their shipping is horrible timing wise. They run these sales and have nothing in stock. Still not even a tracking number for the batteries so....

You have to email Joyce to order the cable. I ordered one last Saturday and it's been "sitting" since Thursday the 9th with a tracking number for USPS. The cable is $35 for the RS232 to USB cable
Yep. Just ordered yesterday. I've gotten several other cables and none have worked so far. :(

Ordered 2 November 3rd and they still have not shipped yet. ? Same excuse as back in September. Took 39 days, ordered the system in July, got it September 6th. Their shipping is horrible timing wise. They run these sales and have nothing in stock. Still not even a tracking number for the batteries so....
Shoot me an email if you need some support with this, I'm here to help where I can.

Shoot me an email if you need some support with this, I'm here to help where I can.
I'm emailing them tonight, seems they do not work Friday through Monday. I need the batteries by the 22nd or they could end up out in the cold and wet for a few days as I may have to go out of town due to a death in the family.

I'm emailing them tonight, seems they do not work Friday through Monday. I need the batteries by the 22nd or they could end up out in the cold and wet for a few days as I may have to go out of town due to a death in the family.
Our business hours are 8am-8pm CST Monday through Friday and 9am-2pm CST Saturdays. In-store hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm CST. The fastest way to reach us is by calling in. 903-441-2090

(I am so sorry for your loss ?)

Our business hours are 8am-8pm CST Monday through Friday and 9am-2pm CST Saturdays. In-store hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm CST. The fastest way to reach us is by calling in. 903-441-2090

(I am so sorry for your loss ?)
Not sure you could help as I ordered through sungold. So there is that ?

Yeah I had the same issue so hoping this will work.
Keep me posted and I'll do the same. I'm thinking maybe they did something screwy with the pin assignments on the RJ11 jack.

Documenting my system install, questions, problems, etc.. at

Back