diy solar

diy solar

Tagging notifications not working?

Adam De Lay

Solar Wizard
Anyone else notice that when someone tags you in a thread you’re not being notified? I had a few instances of messages last night where I was tagged and I never got the notification.

Anyone else notice that when someone tags you in a thread you’re not being notified? I had a few instances of messages last night where I was tagged and I never got the notification.
If you saw the tag, the notification would count it as viewed.
There should be a link in your notification list.

If you saw the tag, the notification would count it as viewed.
There should be a link in your notification list.
I knew I should have given more details....sorry about that.

I'm specifically talking about the notification list. I had several people tag me last night from different threads where I never received a notification in the list. I don't have email notifications enabled. I periodically refresh the forum link and see if there's any new notifications in the notification list and I didn't see any last night. One example is I just happened to see this thread in the "What's New" this morning and when I clicked on it, there was a tag that should have notified me but I never saw anything.

I see what you mean, timestamps of notifications seem to bracket the post that tagged you.

Maybe your notifications are "DeLayed"?

I used to rely on email notifications.
That only told me about new postings to watched threads, not "reactions" or "tagged". I only noticed tagged if I happened to browse through a new thread.

A while back we were requested to turn off email notifications (no idea why that wasn't an IT function applied to everybody.)
Now that I use the bell icon to see new postings, I see tagging too. That doesn't explain why you sometimes don't.

As an aside, a few threads still send me emails, e.g. "Can Solar & Wind Fix Everything (e.g., Climate Change) with a battery break-through?"
For one such thread, I tried "unfollow" followed by "follow without email" but it still emails.

Maybe your notifications are "DeLayed"?
:ROFLMAO: Can't say it hadn't crossed my mind...
I used to rely on email notifications.
That only told me about new postings to watched threads, not "reactions" or "tagged". I only noticed tagged if I happened to browse through a new thread.

A while back we were requested to turn off email notifications (no idea why that wasn't an IT function applied to everybody.)
Now that I use the bell icon to see new postings, I see tagging too. That doesn't explain why you sometimes don't.
Yeah I used to have emails come in all the time but I turned them off and only selectively enable them. I am surprised there wasn't just an admin switch to disable all them.

Back