diy solar

diy solar

Tesla Powerwall 3 or (1) EG4 18kPV + 1 x EG4-WallMount Indoor Battery | 14.3kWh Capacity or (2) EG4 6000XP + 1 x EG4-WallMount Indoor Battery | 14.3kW

tesla powerwall 3 is $11,200 after incentives installed.
(1) EG4 18kPV + 1 x EG4-WallMount Indoor Battery | 14.3kWh Capacity is $9400 without installation.
(2) EG4 6000XP + (2) x EG4-WallMount Indoor Battery | 28.6kWh total capacity is $10,725 without installation.

i think i need higher output of the 18k because i have a electric dryer that uses about 5500w and i need to charge my tesla. i don't want to have to plan a time to do one of these things with the 6000k. i know the 13-14kwh of battery storage is very little. so i'm thinking in order to keep the cost low maybe i can get two 6000k with total 28.6kwh of battery. how much would it be to find an installer to install the EG4 system in the bay area in CA?

which one would you guys rather do? when you buy EG4 systems, do you get a tax credit? please help me decide. thanks.
1713049110859.png

1713049080633.png
1713049434592.png

Last edited:
If you can do the install yourself, a system besides Tesla lets you have more control.

To me, I could not do the permitting or climb on the roof to do the install in any reasonable amount of time, So I had an Outback system installed.

i think i need higher output of the 18k because i have a electric dryer that uses about 5500w and i need to charge my tesla. i don't want to have to plan a time to do one of these things with the 6000k. i know the 13-14kwh of battery storage is very little. so i'm thinking in order to keep the cost low maybe i can get two 6000k with total 28.6kwh of battery. how much would it be to find an installer to install the EG4 system in the bay area in CA?
For planning, I go with $12k for 10 kWh of Battery pack installed, and then $15k per 5 kW of battery installed.

I don't recommend having someone install an EG4 for you unless that is something they install. They may be unfamiliar with the equipment for the strategies it uses.

For my install, cost of equipment was such a small factor compared to labor, design, and permitting, so I don't think you will save that much by going with a cheaper system since most of the cost is elsewhere.

My last system was Solar City installed and was done very well. Currently in process to install a Tesla system.
I recommend 1 or 2 battery expansion modules to go with PW3.

For the other options I would talk to a few installers and get a quote. I don't recommend buying equipment and having someone else install. Let them quote the whole package. Otherwise there is no practical warranty.

Virtually any working system will qualify for the credit.

My last system was Solar City installed and was done very well. Currently in process to install a Tesla system.
I recommend 1 or 2 battery expansion modules to go with PW3.

For the other options I would talk to a few installers and get a quote. I don't recommend buying equipment and having someone else install. Let them quote the whole package. Otherwise there is no practical warranty.

Virtually any working system will qualify for the credit.
i contacted signature solar and they told me to find a installer from this website

I went the Sol-Ark route. If your going to DIY in Ca I highly suggest that you make sure everything you buy is on the approved list for Ca. If an installer is putting it up then he will make sure that it can pass inspection.

Back