diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on Magnum Dimensions CSW2024 2000W 24 Volt Inverter?

vegaslee

Hi again everyone. Trying to narrow down my choices for inverter for 24v system. I ran across this on eBay. Does anyone have any experience with this inverter? Is it good? Bad?

In my research it looks like it's part of Sensata Technologies, but I could not find any reviews or info about the CSW2024.

Hi again everyone. Trying to narrow down my choices for inverter for 24v system. I ran across this on eBay. Does anyone have any experience with this inverter? Is it good? Bad?

In my research it looks like it's part of Sensata Technologies, but I could not find any reviews or info about the CSW2024.

Sensata owns Magnum, and the general consensus is their ownership has weakened the brand.

During the pandemic, manufacturing was moved to Mexico and support was so poor, it felt like they may go belly-up. Thread:

My neighbor has a MS4024PAE, and it's been reliable. It did have a configuration issue that was very frustrating, and we couldn't figure it out for about a year - Magnum was zero help. Ultimately, a forum member had the answer, and the problem was rectified.

The CSW2024 is a comparative toy, and I'm sure it's fine. I have a WZRELB 24/2000W unit that cost me about $370. It has actual L-N-G terminals for a custom output.

Looks like it's price has dropped:

WZRELB ("reliable") is generally regarded as a decent quality Chinese product.

Neither inverter has significant surge capability. They will not start 1/2 hp or larger motors, and I can't say with confidence they can start lower power motors either.

Back