diy solar

diy solar

TP6048 bonding question

Alvin1047

As shipped and unpowered, my TP6048 has its ac output N-G bonded. SGP help says there is a relay that unbonds when ac input is energized. So apparently this is a normally closed switch that will opens when the grid goes down and there is no other ac input. I have not been able to learn if there is a way to disable bonding. If not, I can only use this unit for circuits that are disconnected from neutral (or two-wire 220 circuits that don't have a neutral.)
SGP hasn't answered how this can be connected and the manual doesn't say. Elsewhere on this forum there is suggestion about rewiring the ground (on a different bonded inverter.) As all connected grounds are electrically one point, I don't see how that solves the parallel path issue unless the inverter is left ungrounded, surely wrong. Absent a solution I think I need a different inverter that can be set to never bond.

Take what I say with a grain of salt as I am merely repeating what I have read/heard but haven't done any of the testing myself so please search for additional info on this forum before making changes. From what I've understood on this topic, all 6048's shipped from china had the bonding in the inverter itself. Some US sellers (not sungold) were selling un-bonded inverters for the US market. The difference between these units and the chinese models were that they removed 1 or more screws on the circuit board. Additionaly some US models had silicone added to the screw holes to prevent accidental contact between the neutral and ground connectors. Pictures of these circuit boards and the screw locations have been posted on this forum. I believe that the majority of the 6048 inverters, tp, lvx, 6000ex etc all have the same construction (they are essentially the same model) so the bonding screw(s) for these inverters should also be in the same locations

Back