diy solar

diy solar

TP6048 sluggish solar to line mode switching

miles557

The system is a Sungoldpower TP6048 inverter, 2700 watt array and four 12V LiFePo4 batteries in series, grid-tied but not grid feed. After weeks of experimenting with various programming selections the system works generally as desired except that when the load abruptly exceeds what the panels and batteries can provide, usually when the water heater switches on, the inverter often shuts down displaying an overload fault code rather than switching to and drawing on the grid as intended. Also, it appears to do the opposite as well. If drawing on the grid and the load is then reduced to the point where the panels and batteries would easily suffice the inverter continues to draw on the grid for 15 or more minutes. In short, The inverter is slow to draw on the grid when needed and slow to disconnect when not needed. Does this suggest a firmware problem or is this normal behavior for a LF inverter? Program selections include; Output source priority is solar-battery-grid, Solar supply priority is loads then batteries, Overload bypass is enabled, Auto restart on overload is disabled, Solar feed TO grid is disabled, Charger source priority is solar only. Experience produces low expectations for assistance from SGP on this.

The system is a Sungoldpower TP6048 inverter, 2700 watt array and four 12V LiFePo4 batteries in series, grid-tied but not grid feed. After weeks of experimenting with various programming selections the system works generally as desired except that when the load abruptly exceeds what the panels and batteries can provide, usually when the water heater switches on, the inverter often shuts down displaying an overload fault code rather than switching to and drawing on the grid as intended. Also, it appears to do the opposite as well. If drawing on the grid and the load is then reduced to the point where the panels and batteries would easily suffice the inverter continues to draw on the grid for 15 or more minutes. In short, The inverter is slow to draw on the grid when needed and slow to disconnect when not needed. Does this suggest a firmware problem or is this normal behavior for a LF inverter? Program selections include; Output source priority is solar-battery-grid, Solar supply priority is loads then batteries, Overload bypass is enabled, Auto restart on overload is disabled, Solar feed TO grid is disabled, Charger source priority is solar only. Experience produces low expectations for assistance from SGP on this.

Thats the inverter I have and I havent had the problem.

@42OhmsPA might have more insight as I just went to using batteries on mine and was all solar/grid before this.

Never had that shutdown issue when I was running mine, except when I actually overloaded it.
The biggest loads I hit it with daily were my well pump and occasionally the 60 gallon air compressor.
I did disable the overload bypass setting pretty quickly because I also saw it took awhile to switch back to solar / battery.
Iirc I was running output source priority battery, solar.

I suspect yours is caused by a battery / BMS issue.
I was running two diy 230ah packs with 200a BMS's.

Back