diy solar

diy solar

Trying to find a specific solar panel that is discontinued after glass

nateman_doo

I built a solar array of 6 HSP100D-L solar panels. HQSP now only sells HSP100DL-36 which are a different size. One of the panels fell face first and cracked the glass. Not sure where to find my specific panel to replace it. Or do places repair panels?

Its a very sketchy ad. The manufacturer is the seller, and they told me they dont have those anymore. The ad shows its selling 4 panels... or some connectors? Its really weird. The panels also have different specs. The ones I am looking for have more output vs the smaller ones. Its not much, but the size is the most important to me.

Its a very sketchy ad. The manufacturer is the seller, and they told me they dont have those anymore. The ad shows its selling 4 panels... or some connectors? Its really weird. The panels also have different specs. The ones I am looking for have more output vs the smaller ones. Its not much, but the size is the most important to me.
There are several other people on eBay selling them. Look around and ask them.

I reached out to them and asked if they were specifically that panel vs the -36 version. In the mean time I am considering pouring some clear resin on the panel and just sucking up some of the efficiency loss. I spent a month welding up a portable solar array to fit 6 of these panels just to have one break a few days before I am actually going to use it. It's heart breaking.

I feel your pain, it suck’s when your 99% done and then something prevents you from finishing.
I am not so sure about the resin idea.
Does it block UV light?
You might want to look on YouTube for Solar Panel glass replacement videos.

Back