diy solar

diy solar

Upgrading 6000xp Firmware

_jay_

Greetings. I installed my new 6000xp and Ruixu stack last night. Everything seems to be running properly.

I am attempting to upgrade the firmware with no luck - no sure there is a firmware update available - I get no message from the web front end. The web interface button does nothing, and any attempt via the phone app gives me this error. I don't have my installer code yet, so is that it perhaps? Any help or advice is appreciated. With the weekend and New Years I anticipate my installer code request to be delayed a few days. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Current firmware is

FW Code
ccaa-160B0B

Is this the lastest for the 6000xp?

IMG_1721.png

I don't see any firmware downloads for the 6000XP on the EG4 website. Mine is off network so I am watching for any updates :)

2 things:

First, the firmware ending in "0B0B" is still the most current firmware for the 6000xp.

Second, EG4 doesn't post (as far as I know) download links for the 6000xp. You only update the firmware through the app or web portal. In the web portal, go to Maintenance at the top and choose the Remote Update section on the left. If you click the little question mark by your current firmware version, it will tell you if any updates should be applied. If it is "suggesting" an update, you just click the Standard Update button and the inverter will automatically download and install the update.

If you click the "Check more" link, it will take you to a page with release notes for newer firmwares, but it isn't suggesting any of them for the 6000xp. Perhaps the other firmware versions are more for the 18kpv - not sure. I do know that multiple people have referenced the 0B0B firmware as the current version for the 6000xp, though.

2 things:

First, the firmware ending in "0B0B" is still the most current firmware for the 6000xp.

Second, EG4 doesn't post (as far as I know) download links for the 6000xp. You only update the firmware through the app or web portal. In the web portal, go to Maintenance at the top and choose the Remote Update section on the left. If you click the little question mark by your current firmware version, it will tell you if any updates should be applied. If it is "suggesting" an update, you just click the Standard Update button and the inverter will automatically download and install the update.

If you click the "Check more" link, it will take you to a page with release notes for newer firmwares, but it isn't suggesting any of them for the 6000xp. Perhaps the other firmware versions are more for the 18kpv - not sure. I do know that multiple people have referenced the 0B0B firmware as the current version for the 6000xp, though.
Thanks for the info.

2 things:

Good info. I'll need to find a way to upgrade offline, since mine is not connected.

What cable would I use to update firmware manually? https://signaturesolar.com/usb-2-0-...-cable-for-eg4-6500ex-eg4-6000ex-eg4-3000ehv/

It should work exactly the same as the 18kpv. If you have an Android or Apple phone that has a data connection, you can apply the firmware update from the app. That has been the easiest way to go about it (in my opinion).
Is this the lastest for the 6000xp?
We don't have any other firmware for the 6000xp at the moment, so you are up to date.

It should work exactly the same as the 18kpv. If you have an Android or Apple phone that has a data connection, you can apply the firmware update from the app. That has been the easiest way to go about it (in my opinion).

We don't have any other firmware for the 6000xp at the moment, so you are up to date.
Thank you!

How would you manually upgrade an XP that is not attached to a network?

Does anyone know what the newest firmware name is? I see 3 options when I connect to via dongle..

Is there a way to check what firmware is currently on my 6000 XP?

Does anyone know what the newest firmware name is? I see 3 options when I connect to via dongle..

The website, the app may show firmware (assume you have apply?)
Screenshot_20240117_181459_Edge.jpg

The LCD screen on the inverter. Top Left. Cycle through using the up or down arrow. Stop on the ccaa. That will cycle through the firmware information.

Last edited:
Plug in the dongle and use Bluetooth.
@Zapper77 I didn't realize the XP had bluetooth. I figured I would need to connect it to my phones HotSpot if I don't have wifi nearby.

Do I use the app when utilizing Bluetooth or is there another way to access the setting in that situation?

Back