diy solar

diy solar

V-TAC LFP batteries, trying to source information

thanar

Hello. My first post here, however I've been active to lots of other similar forums, basic DIY and second-life.

viber_image_2023-02-02_10-34-26-434.jpgviber_image_2023-02-02_10-34-29-017.jpgviber_image_2023-02-02_10-34-30-398.jpgThere's a new distributor of LFP batteries in Europe for a couple of months now, under the V-TAC brand. V-TAC was founded some 20 years ago at UAE and has a very strong presence in Europe, particularly eastern Europe and the UK. They've been hard into the LED and lighting business. They've recently started offering LFP batteries for solar projects, along with other energy bundles of dubious quality. I am interested in their 10kWh model (model name: AT48-200H or VT-12040), since I can source them locally for under €250/kWh and they come with a full 5-year warranty.

According to the local distributor, the battery is made by Vestwoods, who are a quite well-known producer of batteries, however I haven't seen any in that form factor from them.

I am trying to figure out the model of their BMS and whether there is any chance of it getting along with an ESS GX setup, either officially or through Louis' excellent serial tool. Here's a photo of the BMS they are using, in case it rings any bells (searching for "CPES-BMS16S" online wouldn't produce any results):

viber_image_2023-02-02_10-34-20-415.jpg

They have published lots of documentation on their website for all models, and there's also a compatibility chart that displays Victron among the compatible brands; it doesn't mention to what extent, though.

The battery comes with an ethernet cable, which is wired in a somewhat peculiar way, but the pinouts don't seems to follow Victron's type A nor type B connection scheme. As per some recent reports on the Victron forums, the battery shows up on the FX device as "LG Resu".

I would appreciate any additional information or insights.

Last edited:
I've come across their offerings on another angle.
I was looking into solar panels and In Italy those appear in the offereings of some official import shops
The panels have on paper a good price per Wp ratio
So i did question myself the same Q as yourself... who are those guys ?
I've only been able to trace them down from feedbacks on the internet (mainly from UK) on their LED products.
I hope they do better on batteries and solar panels cse those feedbacks on the LED products were anything but positive...
The fact that there is no widely available feedback aint a good sign either...

Following this thread in case anything comes back
cheers

Back