diy solar

diy solar

Vendor recommendation for single panel

Geardunkin

I'm looking for a single ~400w panel in the Madison, WI area. This is for a sailboat installation, so I'm just looking for the panel. Most local vendors won't even talk to me as I'm not looking for an installation. Any recommendations?

Is there some reason you can't order online? Amazon and others have single, 400w panels and many foldable.

Your going to have to hunt down a local supplier of some sort. Facebook or Craigslist can lead you to a local business that wants to sell parts, even if installation is their main business. Or you may find someone selling a used panel that fits your needs

Yeah, I've looked on Facebook but haven't had much luck. Maybe I'm just too picky. 😂

It looks like A1SolarStore has a distribution center outside of Chicago and they have Q Cells panels in stock. Maybe worth a drive. Anyone have any experiences with them?

Greentech Renewables has a location in Madison. Go to their website, see what they have in stock and request a quote.

I’ve done that in Burlington Vermont and they were happy to take my credit card and sell me as an individual four panels.

Some have reported that certain locations are not as friendly to individuals, but I imagine that if you are specific in what you want, it will go better than if you start asking design questions.

Patrick

Yeah, I've looked on Facebook but haven't had much luck. Maybe I'm just too picky. 😂

It looks like A1SolarStore has a distribution center outside of Chicago and they have Q Cells panels in stock. Maybe worth a drive. Anyone have any experiences with them?
I ordered from A1 Solar a few years ago. Good experience. It was an online/shipment order. Q Cells as well.

Back