diy solar

diy solar

Very new to solar but started purchasing items, not sure of the final specs of the whole system.

I paid with a cc, and I stopped talking when they wanted wire transfers. Bitcoin etc.
Contact cc company and let them know the shenanigans that are being played. I'm sure they've unfortunately seen it before and will get your money back.
I'd also open a dispute on the baba.

I've never ran into it personally but regurgitating what I've seen here.

Contact cc company and let them know the shenanigans that are being played. I'm sure they've unfortunately seen it before and will get your money back.
I'd also open a dispute on the baba.

I've never ran into it personally but regurgitating what I've seen here.
I had seen someone talking about that long ago; they just responded on Alibaba that they are looking into this.

Attachments

• alibaba 1.png
    alibaba 1.png
    48 KB · Views: 3
Here's some further testing that I did today. I wanted to see the amps drawn on the generator side, but cutting the zip ties and removing the front plate would void the warranty. So, I filled the generator up completely and set the chargeverter to 75 amps. I did not time it as I did not want it to run out of fuel and possibly damage equipment.

Just a ballpark guess 5.9 gallons might get 16-17kw?

It looks roughly under 1/4, the chargeverter read 14.97kw. Since it was raining, I also started recutting and drilling the busbars. Screws finally arrived, so I finished the top bank and hopefully the bottom tomorrow.

Generator I'm using:

Attachments

• P4110549.JPG
    P4110549.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 6
  • P4110548.JPG
    P4110548.JPG
    381.1 KB · Views: 6
  • P4110547.JPG
    P4110547.JPG
    354.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have been watching neighbors up on the hill to see if the power goes out; the rain and strong winds have been crazy the past hour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240411-210740[1].png
    Screenshot_20240411-210740[1].png
    414.5 KB · Views: 3
Hope you stay safe and avoid any serious weather.
I appreciate that, I would hate to see all the panels damaged or worse. I've had to wear hearing protection in the steel building and steel garage as the rain has been deafening all day.

Hopefully, it was an honest mistake; they responded and provided an updated tracking that shows it leaving DONGGUAN, CN, instead of being delivered.

Attachments

• alibaba 3.png
    alibaba 3.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 4
Hopefully, it was an honest mistake; they responded and provided an updated tracking that shows it leaving DONGGUAN, CN, instead of being delivered.
Maybe it was being delivered to another delivery company?
Who knows.
Hopefully you get it…

I appreciate that, I would hate to see all the panels damaged or worse. I've had to wear hearing protection in the steel building and steel garage as the rain has been deafening all day.
I can relate to that noise. A gentle rain is somewhat calming, downpours suck; even the radio cranked doesn't help.

Here's some further testing that I did today. I wanted to see the amps drawn on the generator side, but cutting the zip ties and removing the front plate would void the warranty. So, I filled the generator up completely and set the chargeverter to 75 amps. I did not time it as I did not want it to run out of fuel and possibly damage equipment.

It looks roughly under 1/4 full, the chargeverter read 14.97kw. Since it was raining, I also started recutting and drilling the busbars. Screws finally arrived, so I finished the top bank and hopefully the bottom tomorrow.

Generator I'm using:
That’s a hell of a busbar system.
Don’t think you will have any problems there..

It looks roughly under 1/4 full, the chargeverter read 14.97kw. Since it was raining, I also started recutting and drilling the busbars. Screws finally arrived, so I finished the top bank and hopefully the bottom tomorrow.

Generator I'm using:
You just using a Metal band saw to cut those?

Maybe it was being delivered to another delivery company?
Who knows.
Hopefully you get it…
Daly does not have a good report on DIY solar, but I thought I would try the new 500-amp DIY version. Compared to spending 309.37 to return a brand new DOA core, the two Daly only cost 392.

You just using a Metal band saw to cut those?
Not to thread jack but I used a table saw and this MASTEC 10-Inch 100T Carbide Tooth TCG for Aluminum Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor https://a.co/d/4l8LwaD when I cut mine, went through 0.25" like a hot knife through butter; it was quite satisfying. Wear hearing protection, safety glasses and long sleeves...

I'm using the harbor freight, and it's been great; I needed to cut some really thick steel tubes and bought last year it.
Yea I have the same one I use to cut tubing and angle Iron for my welding projects..

Smart idea using that..

I always had enough busbars that came with the cells so never made any..

I might in the future though.

Not to thread jack but I used a table saw and this MASTEC 10-Inch 100T Carbide Tooth TCG for Aluminum Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor https://a.co/d/4l8LwaD when I cut mine, went through 0.25" like a hot knife through butter; it was quite satisfying. Wear hearing protection, safety glasses and long sleeves...
I cut all my copper on my dewalt miter, which was tedious due to grabby copper but it cut fast. I like my bandsaw much more since I can cut five at a time. The HB maxes out at 200 rpm, but I put this bandsaw blade on it, and it goes very quickly. I also turned the spring to the point of almost coming out of the handle.

Attachments

• P4110557.JPG
    P4110557.JPG
    439.4 KB · Views: 1
  • P4110556.JPG
    P4110556.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 1
I cut all my copper on my dewalt miter, which was tedious due to grabby copper but it cut fast. I like my bandsaw much more since I can cut 5 at a time. The HB maxes out at 200 rpm, but I put this bandsaw blade on it, and it goes very quickly.
Yup plus you can just stack them up and walk away from it while they cut!!

I spent the day pulling growatts and lots of wires. Slowly rewiring most of the arrays and putting the ideas in Excel.
Two of the 18kpv are now full with 6s2p slot 1, 6s slot 2, and 3.

Attachments

• work in progress.png
    work in progress.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 3
I just switched on mppts on the 18kpvs and finished everything outside around 9:30 pm, so I wanted to recheck voltage and wires one more time.

Attachments

• 18kpv 6.png
    18kpv 6.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 18kpv 5.png
    18kpv 5.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 18kpv 4.png
    18kpv 4.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 18kpv 3.png
    18kpv 3.png