diy solar

diy solar

Victron support?

justinm001

Solar Addict
My understanding is victron support is only through its distributors. Like a newbie I bought my 12v Quattro 5000 on Amazon from brandcentric and think it finally died. I've been having issues with it pulling 12v loads when it's set to passthru and now it appears to be finally dead. No lights or anything and I have 120v and 12v plugged into it. Luckily I keep a lipo 12v charger onboard as a backup so all good.

I emailed support@brandcentric.com back in January which was like a month after I started using it and was having these issues. No response. Emailed them again yesterday and no response.

Any tips? Ideally I'd be able to swap this out for a 48v quattro and convert my eg4 12v to 48v with a separate bms.

Victron requires each dealer to service and support all Victron items the dealer has sold.

In case you don’t know who the original dealer is, then submit a support request on Victron’s support website and Victron will connect you to the original dealer.

Thank you. I'll figure out who exactly it was. I quickly learned to only buy from reputable distributors like Current Connected.

Thank you. I'll figure out who exactly it was. I quickly learned to only buy from reputable distributors like Current Connected.
Hi Justin, I'm having the exact issue with BrandCentric. Have your warranty replacement been resolved? I have an email correspondence with some named Chad. I will not let them get away with ghosting me and not honoring the warranty.

Hi Justin, I'm having the exact issue with BrandCentric. Have your warranty replacement been resolved? I have an email correspondence with some named Chad. I will not let them get away with ghosting me and not honoring the warranty.
I was fortunate and current connected went above and beyond to help me even though they didn't need to. I would have just bought another on Amazon from brand centric and sent the old one back.

I was fortunate and current connected went above and beyond to help me even though they didn't need to. I would have just bought another on Amazon from brand centric and sent the old one back.
Who's current connected? I'm glad you got your warranty resolved. They just reached out to me after leaving a couple nasty voicemails threatening with small claims in New Mexico. Victron is too successful to care. It's a shame they're the only players in the game that have this great technology. Otherwise I would move onto something else.

Who's current connected? I'm glad you got your warranty resolved. They just reached out to me after leaving a couple nasty voicemails threatening with small claims in New Mexico. Victron is too successful to care. It's a shame they're the only players in the game that have this great technology. Otherwise I would move onto something else.

They post regularly on this forum as @HighTechLab aka Dexter who is their CTO (Chief Technology Officer).

Who's current connected? I'm glad you got your warranty resolved. They just reached out to me after leaving a couple nasty voicemails threatening with small claims in New Mexico. Victron is too successful to care. It's a shame they're the only players in the game that have this great technology

They post regularly on this forum as @HighTechLab aka Dexter who is their CTO (Chief Technology Officer).
im buying from them going forward. Thank you

Victron is too successful to care. It's a shame they're the only players in the game that have this great technology

Yeah it’sa shame there isn’t really a good competitor to Victron.

As for Victron not caring, that’s not been my experience nor is it their business model. They have authorized distributors all over the world. The distributor you buy from is REQUIRED to provide support and warranty service. If that distributor doesn’t, you can reach out to Victron and they will assign you a new distributor. The new distributor is REQUIRED to take care of you, even though you didn’t purchase from them. Usually it’sa win for the new distributor because they win your loyalty by treating you like a paying customer. You ARE a paying customer, just not one of theirs. It’s when distributors like Current Connected then can really shine because they treat you right.

You won’t get free shipping with Current Connected, but their prices are fair and what you get in terms of lifelong support is priceless.

CC shipping cost more than makes up for the extended warranty from 5 to 10 years

Who's current connected? I'm glad you got your warranty resolved. They just reached out to me after leaving a couple nasty voicemails threatening with small claims in New Mexico. Victron is too successful to care. It's a shame they're the only players in the game that have this great technology

im buying from them going forward. Thank you
Its not about Victron caring or not they just built a very successful model and are focused on providing the best products while utilizing distributors to handle the sales and support. The support I got from Current Connected was amazing. Dexter reached out to me on here with his desk number and late on a Friday night he helped me troubleshoot and offered to ship it to another distributor thats closer to me so I'd save costs or I can replace the board myself. He was easily able to file a case with Victron while on the phone with me and they shipped him a board which he shipped to me and after a quick install I've been up and running ever since.

They are my go to vendor for anything they sell and it doesn't matter if they're a few bucks more because having a quality company backing you is worth every penny.

Back