diy solar

diy solar

Vruzend 18650 battery kit

atatistcheff

Solar Enthusiast
I just saw this (
) on Youtube. Seems like a pretty cool way to build an 18650 pack without spot welding or soldering to each cell. Also looks like an adult erector set which is fun in its own way.

LOL, Maybe I could make five 12v 100 AH batteries for my RV from these..

You could, but these 18650s get pretty expensive. I keep trying to find a reason to make one of these. If you need a higher voltage, lightweight battery for something like an e-bike the customization options are great. But for RV batteries the cost really makes these a tough sell. However, it all depends on what kind of a deal you can get on reliable 18650 cells. There are so many fake ones out there though so sourcing these properly is key.

Has anyone looked at these under load & charge with a Heat Gun ? There are similar "battery blocks" you can put 18650's in that use pressure contact but they get very hot when under loads, some cheapo's even melt (per videos on YT). CAUTION ! might be worth a small test with some recovered 18650 batteries.

EDIT: Looked at the specs & details and they have addressed heat issues.
Will the terminal caps melt?
Polypropylene (the plastic that the VRUZEND terminal caps are made out of) has a melting temperature of 266°F – 320°F (130°C to 160°C). Lithium batteries really shouldn’t be operated in conditions hotter than about 150°F (65°C). If your terminal caps melt, then you likely have bigger problems at the moment.

$39.99 USD per kit "Each V2.1 kit comes with enough components to build a battery with up to thirty (30) 18650 cells."

Last edited:
Back