diy solar

diy solar

which 400-450 watt panels?

doox00

Which are recommended panels to go with? I will be starting off with about 14kw of panels. I see KB solar has them that are made in the US, anyone have experience with those, the price seems good. They will be ground mounted if that makes a lot of difference.

Thanks all

Agreed with @timselectric. Need to pick an inverter and mppt SCC, or an AIO, then find panels to best match the max VoC spec.
Also note that KB are not made in the USA, they are assembled here with foreign components.

Agreed with @timselectric. Need to pick an inverter and mppt SCC, or an AIO, then find panels to best match the max VoC spec.
Also note that KB are not made in the USA, they are assembled here with foreign components.

Yeah I assumed the parts were not made in the US. I was leaning towards the EG4 18K inverter.

Yeah I assumed the parts were not made in the US. I was leaning towards the EG4 18K inverter.
If you're just starting out I'd lean a different direction. Do some searches. It's a great piece of hardware that still has lots of development on the firmware / software end. I'm sure it will be great all around someday. Some have great success others not so much.

If you're just starting out I'd lean a different direction. Do some searches. It's a great piece of hardware that still has lots of development on the firmware / software end. I'm sure it will be great all around someday. Some have great success others not so much.
I am open to other suggestions, any recommendations? Does the sol-ark 15k do basically the same thing as the eg4 18k?

If you go with the 18kPV then the Solarever 455W panels from Signature Solar seem like a good match; you can easily have four strings of 8 with two paralleled on input #1. (Or, if going for a full pallet 3 strings of 8 and one string of 7.)

From batteries. People have posted inverting over 15K from PV.
You get more output with grid, too.
But, grid isn't always available.
And PV doesn't work at night.
Or on cloudy days.
What it can do on its own continuously (24/7) is what matters.

If you go with the 18kPV then the Solarever 455W panels from Signature Solar seem like a good match; you can easily have four strings of 8 with two paralleled on input #1. (Or, if going for a full pallet 3 strings of 8 and one string of 7.)
How do these look, seems similar specs and a bit cheaper and $1 shipping for 32 panels, the 450 watt panels. Would these panels work with most inverters? I have not decided on which inverter yet for sure.

Last edited:
No, you have to find one that shipped before the bs.
I got mine in the marketplace, in this forum.
Has anyone tried freight forwarding via either a buyer in China or country outside of SolArk territory? There are a few split phase countries not in the Americas (which I understand is SolArk’s). China seems unlikely since if they did this, there would be plenty of AliExpress sellers

Back