diy solar

diy solar

❓ TDT-BMS Wanted Feedback/Experience

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
Good Day Everyone,

I have been researching TDT-BMS systems which are similar to PACE, SEPLOS but have added functions & capabilities of their own. There is a fairly wide choice of BMS' plus accessories (LCD or Colour Screens, BlueTooth, Active Balancer module, etc)

ANY Feedback / Experience with these Particular BMS' would be very much appreciated.

I am presently looking at this model which is a 16S/200A that can also support 8S.

H869c53afc1a64b99a3741d0ad7e0f7c53.jpg
H14e4bc08966c496b99d18429dc692f87a.jpg

Is there developer documentation on how to write your own software to at least get data from it? People had to reverse engineer the bluetooth for JKBMS for instance and would be nice if this one provided documentation in that area.

Also, were you able to find links to the iOS or Android apps for it on the App Store? I couldn't find iOS one at least.

The Sales Rep I got stuck with is one of those shmucks who cannot answer direct questions directly.
2 Tries so far & FAIL... 3Rd Try will happen and if they fail that, 3 Strikes and that's all folks.
I have someone local there trying to get info on TDT & others for me...

Info is starting to come in so sharing it as I get it for anyone who is curious.
User Manual is attached as a PDF
Pic-1 with Colour Touch Display,
Pic-2 with LCD Display

6022 W/ colour display
6022 w/ LCD Display

TDT-6022 Compatibility.jpg

Attachments

• Spec XDZN-6022-16S-LFP 200A.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 187
That hardware looks exactly identical to a PACE bms.

That hardware looks exactly identical to a PACE bms.
Yes, very similar to PACE and Seplos but not quite the same.
It is also possible that some of these are used in prebuilts we have seen (via YTube) where the BMS was not actually extracted & identified like the review will did on the LVGOO rack-mountable. It would indeed be hard to tell the difference by just looking at the side edge of the BMS.

thanks for the manual, i had seen this BMS by chance couple of weeks back
following

out of a curiosity most of their production so far went to india

1681324371399.png

Well... What an interesting adventure.
TDT Sales reps are 125% Clueless ! Also totally incapable of answering a basic question. I had a local person check them out and get info, and they can't even keep their stories straight in their native language. They DO NOT MAKE an 8S to 16S BMS as they advertise, it is either 8S or 16S. Their definition of Software BMS vs Hardware BMS is dubiously lacking.

I have gone down this path with every intention of getting 1 or 2 and doing tests up to and including hard Thrash tests and writing it up on the forum like I have before. They were advised of this and they are aware of my role with this forum but also the other companies that I have done stuff for, yet they failed miserably to even communicate the simple basics.

In Summary: I would say, if you want to try these, it is at your risk and certainly expect No Support.
At least they are not playing games like HankZor did with JKBMS & being ALL IN to help people and then Poofing after the big sales push...

Darned shame, looked very promising but its a Bullet Dodged I think at the same time.

What is with these places? Are they only interested in fulfilling large orders such as someone who is going to integrate it with a server rack battery?

I installed tens of BMS TDT 6022 in my packs. The BMS itself is functional, setting the parameters it sends via CAN or RS485 is just as confusing as with SEPLOS. But if you connect more BMS in parallel
communication errors occur randomly and incorrect values are sent to the inverter. Victron disconnects the battery, Studer and Dey don't care...Support either none or completely confused. The attachment shows the CAN telegram analysis when two packs are connected in parallel. Disaster....they are ignoring my complaints for the second month.

Attachments

• can XDZN err.JPG
    can XDZN err.JPG
    446.9 KB · Views: 75
I installed tens of BMS TDT 6022 in my packs. The BMS itself is functional, setting the parameters it sends via CAN or RS485 is just as confusing as with SEPLOS. But if you connect more BMS in parallel
communication errors occur randomly and incorrect values are sent to the inverter. Victron disconnects the battery, Studer and Dey don't care...Support either none or completely confused. The attachment shows the CAN telegram analysis when two packs are connected in parallel. Disaster....they are ignoring my complaints for the second month.
Thanks for the feedback.

I got hold of a BMS from JBD, which has exactly the same connectors for cells, the same NTC, the same mounting holes for the board and for the display and buttons... it seems that JBD has solved the problem.

Manual provided one of my questions at least. Link to the iOS app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bms-meta/id1619258052
Last updated Oct 2022 which is somewhat concerning.
Hello there,

I've bought a GS battery 300ah, from China, there's no manual, no information etc etc.

I've tried Meta App and it's connect and retrieve information, what about the password?

I've tried some esphome(esp32) project like as seplos, jbk, bbd but the only one that receive a small data(20.30.00.34.00.00) is Seplos.
Nothing to do with esp32 and rs485.

Last edited:
Hello.Sorry for the translator. ;-)I'm currently testing TDT-6022. SoftwareXdzn V2.4 from which I download data for further processing. Batteries connected to the BMS. For now, I am not connecting it to an inverter.What I managed to do: send data via WiFi to Home Assistant and create a dashboard so that I have access to BMS data over the network.I found the codes to remotely enable and disable the featurecharging, discharging and completely turning off the bms.I'm going to dig further.

Hello.Sorry for the translator. ;-)I'm currently testing TDT-6022. SoftwareXdzn V2.4 from which I download data for further processing. Batteries connected to the BMS. For now, I am not connecting it to an inverter.What I managed to do: send data via WiFi to Home Assistant and create a dashboard so that I have access to BMS data over the network.I found the codes to remotely enable and disable the featurecharging, discharging and completely turning off the bms.I'm going to dig further.
Hi! Can you send me some info on how you did that? I have twp tdt-6032 that i want to control. Further I think that the BMS is sending "force charge" to my Deye inverter and I want to turn that off. Can't find anything in the bms software

Good Day Everyone,

I have been researching TDT-BMS systems which are similar to PACE, SEPLOS but have added functions & capabilities of their own. There is a fairly wide choice of BMS' plus accessories (LCD or Colour Screens, BlueTooth, Active Balancer module, etc)

ANY Feedback / Experience with these Particular BMS' would be very much appreciated.

I am presently looking at this model which is a 16S/200A that can also support 8S.

H869c53afc1a64b99a3741d0ad7e0f7c53.jpg
H14e4bc08966c496b99d18429dc692f87a.jpg
How you connect to pc and adjust it to 15s

Back