diy solar

diy solar

❓ TDT-BMS Wanted Feedback/Experience

Good Day Everyone,

I have been researching TDT-BMS systems which are similar to PACE, SEPLOS but have added functions & capabilities of their own. There is a fairly wide choice of BMS' plus accessories (LCD or Colour Screens, BlueTooth, Active Balancer module, etc)

ANY Feedback / Experience with these Particular BMS' would be very much appreciated.

I am presently looking at this model which is a 16S/200A that can also support 8S.

H869c53afc1a64b99a3741d0ad7e0f7c53.jpg
H14e4bc08966c496b99d18429dc692f87a.jpg
NORMALY GOOD IS PACE BMS THAN THIS U MAY LOOK A HEATSINK IS NOT CAPABLE OF HANDLING BIG AH OR CC/CV

In my opinion it will not take last, if you compare in PACE bms 200amp basis in HEATSINK only as a sample, and also new model or verion of PACE BMS

I installed tens of BMS TDT 6022 in my packs. The BMS itself is functional, setting the parameters it sends via CAN or RS485 is just as confusing as with SEPLOS. But if you connect more BMS in parallel
communication errors occur randomly and incorrect values are sent to the inverter. Victron disconnects the battery, Studer and Dey don't care...Support either none or completely confused. The attachment shows the CAN telegram analysis when two packs are connected in parallel. Disaster....they are ignoring my complaints for the second month.
Thanks for the info, I am also using same model but not tried multiple packs in parallel. are you still having the issue.
Did you get a chance to check the 6032 model with active balancer ?

Hello.Sorry for the translator. ;-)I'm currently testing TDT-6022. SoftwareXdzn V2.4 from which I download data for further processing. Batteries connected to the BMS. For now, I am not connecting it to an inverter.What I managed to do: send data via WiFi to Home Assistant and create a dashboard so that I have access to BMS data over the network.I found the codes to remotely enable and disable the featurecharging, discharging and completely turning off the bms.I'm going to dig further.
Hi, I am also using TDT 6022, could you please explain that how you have managed to get the data via wifi . Are you using Bluetooth to Home assistant or RS 232 to home assistant then WiFi from home assistant or any other method. Also please share the links if any. Thanks

Currently the TDT6032 and TD6022 firmwares are OK. The BMS is fully functional even in parallel operation. The only problem I sometimes have is with the SOC calibration

Hi, I am also using TDT 6022, could you please explain that how you have managed to get the data via wifi . Are you using Bluetooth to Home assistant or RS 232 to home assistant then WiFi from home assistant or any other method. Also please share the links if any. Thanks
Hi. This is how I use Wi-Fi for Home Assistant.It took a while, but the effect was very good. My BMS via the rs232 connector connected to the rs232 ttl to uart converter. And further to esp32. I converted the esp32 software from seplos-bms. Here's your software:
https://github.com/syssi/esphome-seplos-bms/issues/71 . Look for the comment from February 3. There is a tdt-bms.zip file there.
When in doubt, ask.

Hi. This is how I use Wi-Fi for Home Assistant.It took a while, but the effect was very good. My BMS via the rs232 connector connected to the rs232 ttl to uart converter. And further to esp32. I converted the esp32 software from seplos-bms. Here's your software:
https://github.com/syssi/esphome-seplos-bms/issues/71 . Look for the comment from February 3. There is a tdt-bms.zip file there.
When in doubt, ask.
Do you think it works well with a TDT BMS 16S?

Any advice to connect uart-to-ttl ?

Thanks

Do you think it works well with a TDT BMS 16S?

Any advice to connect uart-to-ttl ?

Thanks
I don't understand.
You mean the cooperation of the Inverter with BMS-tdt.
Is it about the cooperation of esp32 software with BMS-tdt.
The RS232 connection is UART through such an adapter.
For me it's 14s, for 16s in the .yaml file remove # here:
# cell_voltage_15:
# name: "${name} cell voltage 15"
# cell_voltage_16:
# name: "${name} cell voltage 16"

Attachments

• RS232.png
    RS232.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I don't understand.
You mean the cooperation of the Inverter with BMS-tdt.
Is it about the cooperation of esp32 software with BMS-tdt.
The RS232 connection is UART through such an adapter.
For me it's 14s, for 16s in the .yaml file remove # here:
# cell_voltage_15:
# name: "${name} cell voltage 15"
# cell_voltage_16:
# name: "${name} cell voltage 16"
Hello there,

no it’s just about esphome and the TDT’s BMS, I’d been looking for something like that for a long time.

Awesome..

about the rj11 (6 pin) of the BMS, what number of the connector can I use to uart-ttl ?

Editing the .yaml file. there is .yaml for two batteries.
done! I've deleted the second part.

But same, enabled debug:

[08:29:39][D][uart_debug:158]: >>> "~25014642E00201FD30\r"

[08:29:39][D][uart_debug:158]: <<< "~25014642E00201FD30\r"

[08:29:39][W][tdt_bms:022]: Unhandled data received (data_len: 0x02): 25.01.46.42.E0.02.01 (7)

Esp32 ---> ttl<-->uart--------------------------------------------------------------------------->RS232

IMG_3765.JPG

Back