diy solar

diy solar

Amazon Sucks Big-Time!

Santa

I ordered a really good fridge w/ 20% coupon code on 11-8-19. A few days later I ordered Will's book and received it. I ordered my stuff to build my Renogy dc/dc 2 days ago. (A lot of money to me.) They froze my account for suspicious activity?? I had the same card as before and name and address. They cancelled my fridge. And cancelled only some of (most of) what I ordered. I got the solar panels yesterday. Cutting pliers coming today. They reinstated my account then cancelled more stuff 4 1/2 hours later. I lost the 20% off coupon for the fridge and they said to just order a new one! I'm so angry!! No one is really helping and well...AMAZON SUCKS!

Last edited:
I wish I had time to rant in detail, cuz I have hated them since 1999, and keep finding new reasons to hate them. I filed a complaint against them recently on BBB because of their questionable practice of hiding shipping cost. They responded basically saying it is how their system works, as if they have no choice. How can a million tiny eCommerce stores do it honestly, but the one with the most money can try to blame the system they created? WTF?!?

I only buy from them when I cannot find on ebay or elsewhere. And, that is very rare.

I wish I had time to rant in detail, cuz I have hated them since 1999, and keep finding new reasons to hate them. I filed a complaint against them recently on BBB because of their questionable practice of hiding shipping cost. They responded basically saying it is how their system works, as if they have no choice. How can a million tiny eCommerce stores do it honestly, but the one with the most money can try to blame the system they created? WTF?!?

I only buy from them when I cannot find on ebay or elsewhere. And, that is very rare.
I have only ordered a couple times before for single items. (Tried to stay away most of my life.) I told them I was filing a complaint with the BBB. I spoke to several people and one FINALLY said last night they would send 2 forms asking for a 20% coupon and for answers of why these incompetents did this. Might hear back in 2 days? Oh, and another thing, when I checked out with a duel fuel stove, they said I couldn't have it in CA because its butane. WTF? I ordered the exact stove from them 2 years ago but it was stolen. Its only made of steel, but they don't have any answers for me. I can buy butane in the corner store, insane! I'm looking on Ebay, but some things aren't there...costs a little more...but if no hassles, I will do that.

No offense but the BBB is a private for profit review company and frankly a scam themselves. Filing a complaint with them against amazon mean absolutely nothing. Now the federal trade commision or something might mean a tiny amount.

No offense but the BBB is a private for profit review company and frankly a scam themselves. Filing a complaint with them against amazon mean absolutely nothing. Now the federal trade commision or something might mean a tiny amount.
So I shouldn't waste my time?

It felt good. ;p

So I shouldn't waste my time?

He is right that BBB is not an enforcement agency. It is independent non-profit.

Your complaint will become public record and add to publicly available statistics. If you do, let us know how they respond. I'd like to hear if the reply they do to yours is as stupid as the one they did to mine.

I have only ordered a couple times before for single items. (Tried to stay away most of my life.) I told them I was filing a complaint with the BBB. I spoke to several people and one FINALLY said last night they would send 2 forms asking for a 20% coupon and for answers of why these incompetents did this. Might hear back in 2 days? Oh, and another thing, when I checked out with a duel fuel stove, they said I couldn't have it in CA because its butane. WTF? I ordered the exact stove from them 2 years ago but it was stolen. Its only made of steel, but they don't have any answers for me. I can buy butane in the corner store, insane! I'm looking on Ebay, but some things aren't there...costs a little more...but if no hassles, I will do that.

I read recently that many California city’s are banning all future construction use of natural gas (likely includes propane or butane) due to green house gas production. All new builds must be 100% electric. Current Gas users are not affected.
?Californication?

I read recently that many California city’s are banning all future construction use of natural gas (likely includes propane or butane) due to green house gas production. All new builds must be 100% electric. Current Gas users are not affected.
?Californication?
#climatechangeisalie commiefornia, and it's PORTABLE. Thank God I am leaving ASAP. I only got 2 items (if they deliver the cutters) out of about 30+ they cancelled.

?Californication?
oh yes, but I could probably buy a propane stove? IDK, SMH

...just received the cable cutters. Hey guys, I am looking for things on Ebay now instead (I really wanted to support Will on Amazon but...) and I am not sure about some items if they're the same. @Will Prowse is there any way you could possibly put the links to Ebay for your 400watt Renogy DC-DC blueprint. I'm too afraid to use Amazon after 2 days of hell with them and wasting a day at home expecting my fridge. I still need to get the refunds...

Many moons ago, I used Amazon for the first time. 2 days later I had a bogus $500 charge on my credit card. Didn't use them again until very recently. Seems all the parts I needed were on Amazon and eBay either didn't have it or it was a sketchy dealer. So I started ordering from Amazon again. To date, haven't had a single issue with them for many orders, but what I have noticed is the shipping times. In the beginning, even my free shipping orders were here in 2-3 days. Now, free shipping is more like 2-3 weeks. I'm sure as a 'new' customer they expedited everything, but as time goes on, they believe they've got you hooked.

In fact, I just ordered some furnace filters from them.

I've found that Home Depot can provide many similar items found on Amazon, prices aren't bad. And WalMart too. I wanted the Renogy 270 watt poly panel. If ordered from Renogy, you HAD to order 2. From WalMart, just one, free shipping, same single quantity price. It pays to look around and shop in unconventional places.

Many moons ago, I used Amazon for the first time. 2 days later I had a bogus $500 charge on my credit card. Didn't use them again until very recently. Seems all the parts I needed were on Amazon and eBay either didn't have it or it was a sketchy dealer. So I started ordering from Amazon again. To date, haven't had a single issue with them for many orders, but what I have noticed is the shipping times. In the beginning, even my free shipping orders were here in 2-3 days. Now, free shipping is more like 2-3 weeks. I'm sure as a 'new' customer they expedited everything, but as time goes on, they believe they've got you hooked.

In fact, I just ordered some furnace filters from them.

I've found that Home Depot can provide many similar items found on Amazon, prices aren't bad. And WalMart too. I wanted the Renogy 270 watt poly panel. If ordered from Renogy, you HAD to order 2. From WalMart, just one, free shipping, same single quantity price. It pays to look around and shop in unconventional places.
Thanks, I will check them out! It took me 3 full days online making sure I had everything I needed for this project, then the next day trying to straighten this out. I need to leave CA A.S.A.P. I wish this was easier. :cool:

Back