diy solar

diy solar

Burned Fuse

Zaloni

I have a burned fuse (60A) and badly melted cable insulation (8 AWG) between the relay and the positive bus. (see attachment)
Any idea what can cause it?

Attachments

• van elect..jpg
    van elect..jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 13
I have a burned fuse (60A) and badly melted cable insulation (8 AWG) between the relay and the positive bus. (see attachment)
Any idea what can cause it?
Please try to make assistance easier for us, and post images, not links to download.

Please try to make assistance easier for us, and post images, not links to download.
Pdf, xls, doc files should be banned as attachments. Threat actors can embed urls in the files then when people open to help they can get the malware. Word/excel has protections against links but Adobe and other Pdf readers don't.

Loose/poor connection. Check the bolt closest to the burnt area or the fuse connection itself.
This exactly. Make sure you have a lock washer on every bolt. The vibration of a vehicle can easily loosen bolts then the lug and fuse are bouncing on the stud and arcing causing heat.

I always use an impact drill set on 1 to tighten all electrical bolts. Might be overtorqued or not exact but they're all tight enough. Also confirm the lock washer is crushed.

Also, make sure the fuse is in contact with terminals, NO WASHERS under the fuse, or between lugs.

Pdf, xls, doc files should be banned as attachments. Threat actors can embed urls in the files then when people open to help they can get the malware. Word/excel has protections against links but Adobe and other Pdf readers don't.
Done

Back