diy solar

diy solar

Can you share EG4-LifePower4 with EG4 PowerPro ?

henglenn

I have an 18kpv currently running with 4 EG4-LifePower4 48V . I got a EG4 PowerPro recently and want to use them all together. Is this possible and if so how should I wire it?

I have an 18kpv currently running with 4 EG4-LifePower4 48V . I got a EG4 PowerPro recently and want to use them all together. Is this possible and if so how should I wire it?

Yes, however, in open-loop communication. Also, for every 1 WallMount you would need 3 LifePower4's. This document should go over the pairing in detail.

Attachments

• White Paper - Battery Balancing(WIP) (1).pdf
    192.2 KB · Views: 22
Yes, however, in open-loop communication. Also, for every 1 WallMount you would need 3 LifePower4's. This document should go over the pairing in detail.
I have a bank of 6 lifepower4 batteries with 1 powerpro I am connecting to the 18kvp. The whitepaper implies I can only use three of them. I need all 6. How do I do this? I also have the Lifepower4 communications hub if that helps. Also should I be connecting the lifepower4 bank to the powerpro battery connections or to the inverter connections and only connect two wires to the powerpro instead of the 4 indicated in the manual? Also do I need to do a firmware update, battery shipped Jan 4th 2024?

Last edited:
Those of you coming across this. I spoke to EG4 on the phone, they just say you can't hook up 6 Lifepower4 with 1 powerpro due to "sever" balancing issues. I am now asking Signature Solar to exchange three of my Lifepower4's (unopened in the box) for another Powerpro as I cannot use them... EG4 also says I need a firmware update on the LifePower4's to use them with the Powerpro, they are mailing me some sort of update tool.

Anything new on this? I've got 4 LifePower4 and am considering adding a WallMount. I'm running these on some older LV6548s though. @Will Prowse seems to run different batteries in parallel all the time.

I don't quite understand EG4's desire to parallel 300Ah of LP4 with each 300Ah Powerpro, seems like a made up rule of thumb. I have a 100Ah LP4 paralleled with 300Ah DIY and they balance totally fine even with completely mismatched wiring.

I let the 300Ah dictate all the SOC triggers based on it's own SOC and the LP4 is just along for the ride.

They cannot communicate but you can easily wire them in parallel and the state of charge will still work. Running that configuration right now.

Back