diy solar

diy solar

Can't upgrade firmware on EG4 3K inverters

Clugy

Trying to upgrade firmware. Could not download updates from EG4 or Signature Solar using Chrome on Windows. Kept saying file was infected with virus and PUP. Finally able to download using Firefox but then windows would not Extract again saying files were infected. Finally got it to open on 12 year old laptop but when trying to do update it would just stop the update at the beginning then eventually system also said file was infected so it would not longer open the firmware update file. The message seems more severe than the typical message from windows on unsigned software which then allows you to run anyway. There was no option to run this file anyway.

What virus protection do you have? This does not sound like the usual Windows defender. The virus protection seems to be what is stopping you in all cases.

What 3k the V1 or V2?

Its just software your PC doesn't recognize. So it treats it like a virus. Any firmware can trigger that especially for inverters or batteries I noticed.

I just downloaded the latest file from the EG4 website and did a full scan. This is what I found :

Win32/Bladabindi!ml

View attachment 213769
Did you find the startup entry and reg key in your install?

After the initial system checks, the Bladabindi backdoor ensures its persistence within the infected system by creating a startup instance, typically in the “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp” directory. It also manipulates the Windows registry by creating a key with a unique name and a random set of characters and digits under the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\32” hive. These actions ensure that the malware executes each time the system boots up. They maintain a foothold within the infected machine even after reboots.

Did you find the startup entry and reg key in your install?

After the initial system checks, the Bladabindi backdoor ensures its persistence within the infected system by creating a startup instance, typically in the “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp” directory. It also manipulates the Windows registry by creating a key with a unique name and a random set of characters and digits under the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\32” hive. These actions ensure that the malware executes each time the system boots up. They maintain a foothold within the infected machine even after reboots.
I didn't install the software or should I say run it. I unzipped it and copied the older version into a different directory. I was going to use it after work that day. Then windows flagged it was a virus and quarantined it. I didn't have this issue on the older version that I ran a few months ago.

I just bought some new LifePower4 and the Hub and was looking forward to connecting them. I am currently using the EG4 3K and existing batteries so I'll get back to this.

I tried again on a different computer. Microsoft and Google both find it dangerous.

Why the download was blocked​

Your file download may be blocked for one of a few reasons:

Dangerous:

• Malware (malicious software)
  • Deceptive software that could make unwanted changes to your device or computer.
1715130050521.png
1715130551888.png

1715130695314.png

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to get a firmware download for the EG4 3000EHV-48? I have one inverter prior to February 2023 that I need to upgrade to have to neutral /ground not bounded in the output side. I already removed the screw that gives me this setting but I still need to upgrade the firmware. Thanks!

Back