diy solar

diy solar

Cheap 4kwh LiFePO4 batteries from Battery Hookup

true, what I was told, that all the wires must be the same length to the bms
I can see how the resistance would increase with the length of wire, but the difference would be so small in length between all the cells it is hard for me to believe it would be enough to unbalance a large battery. This only my opinion. If in fact they need to be the same length that would be something I would like to know before I put on my BMS. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Surprised you didn't buy locally, save on slow express

If I had known that there was a local source for these batteries, I would have been all over it.

They were just delivered... after being shipped but four days ago from BigBattery.com, Chatsworth, CA. (Ordered 5 weeks ago from Battery Hookup)
....what's wrong with this picture???

did they keep you updated with delays etc,? tracking etc?

No word whatsoever. I emailed and phoned Battery Hookup multiple times, with no response. The first notification that I had was from the trucking firm yesterday. The manifest shows that they have only had it since the 13th.

for a small business, they are very nice people, when it comes to customer service that is what can hurt them, no responses is the worst. ouch, what if you have problems? Sent in a concern to batteryhookup on Nov 15th still waiting
Guy at battery clearing house, answered it for me.

When they do respond they are fantastic,, when they do.. :-(

I've been forced into keeping a scorecard.... so far I've identified Battery Hookup, Infinite Skies, BigBattery, Inc, and Techdirectclub.com as vendors of these batteries. And, I'm sure to be missing a few.

Are all of these merchants simply middlemen, or is one perhaps the actual depot that purchased the decommissioned battery bank from the solar-farm?

I am guessing that Battery Hookup simply purchased more of the units from BigBattery and had them drop-shipped straight to me.... after a month's delay, that is :rolleyes:

I've been forced into keeping a scorecard.... so far I've identified Battery Hookup, Infinite Skies, BigBattery, Inc, and Techdirectclub.com as vendors of these batteries. And, I'm sure to be missing a few.
Are all of these merchants simply middlemen, or is one perhaps the actual depot that purchased the decommissioned battery bank from the solar-farm?
I am guessing that Battery Hookup simply purchased more of the units from BigBattery and had them drop-shipped straight to me.... after a month's delay, that is :rolleyes:
A place called "batteryclearinghouse.com" is the main supplier for the BYD modules with the exception of techdirect. BCH is also the least expensive and active on this forum. They're also damn cool people. I mentioned getting a "bakers dozen" when I bought 12 and they saw it and gave me a free one. How cool is that!

A place called "batteryclearinghouse.com" is the main supplier for the BYD modules with the exception of techdirect. BCH is also the least expensive and active on this forum. They're also damn cool people. I mentioned getting a "bakers dozen" when I bought 12 and they saw it and gave me a free one. How cool is that!
you bought 12 byd, BHU supplier was BCH, Thats why when i had a problem with my purchase from BHU, BCH Guy, resolved it.

my biggest stumbling block was how well the bms works with these batteries, early summer I bought cheap bms and really cheap powerjack inverter
claims it could handle 15000 watt peak at 60000, only weighed 51 lbs well the inverter kicked in sparks flying inside the bms smoking away I thought this is total crap, the manual for the inverter was 8 pages 3 pages was Asian girls in bikinis. (burning down the house junk)
At the same time SMA where being dumped on ebay along with midnite classics figured best stick with UL, so the 10 cheap bms i tossed out, bought Daly to replace,
and now smart BMS for the byd

I ordered 8 from them and had many back and forth emails with Guy. Conversational. Nice. Ordered Friday night and got shipping paper on Monday.

Sure different from BLS. Just got those batteries took over a month almost no communications worked. Received 3 of 4 boxes.. sigh.

Well this is the first prototype, it worked well but I need ,001"-.002" larger bore. Then add another slice relief and they should be good to go. That relief cut on the outside of the lug is a pocket for a HD hose clamp so it doesnt twist.

Attachments

• lug.jpg
    lug.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20191218_162136.jpg
    20191218_162136.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 18
If the batteries will be stored in an area that will never drops below freezing, I assume the low temp cutoff isn't necessary?

Another battery mystery. Got a call from a freight carrier to setup drop off time for 2 batteries. They came from CA. Mine were delivered couple weeks ago.

Back