diy solar

diy solar

Connect 2 wire 220v to panel for 110v circuits in a camper!

You need a step-down that would handle ~40 watts or more.

You really only have 2 choices:
1) Get a different inverter
2) Use step-down transformers for anything that must have 120.

There is another problem: What sockets would you use for the power. Putting a 120V US wall socket in and running it at 220 is begging for a disaster. Putting in one of the Euro style 220V sockets would be a major PITA.

okay! I will try to send it back. For now can I use the step down transformer for the fridge? While I send it in. I have the 24v 230v 3000w inverter I could connect to it temporarily. If so, how do I wire the panel and wire the transformer?
Your being extremely helpful, it’s greatly appreciated.

If so, how do I wire the panel and wire the transformer?
The panel should be wired as I showed above. However, the grounding bond may be different for the other inverter, what does the manual say it does about Neutral-Ground Bonding?

The transformer you showed in the picture is 50VA... That means on the 115 Volt side it can handle 50/115= .43A too small for the fridge.

The panel should be wired as I showed above. However, the grounding bond may be different for the other inverter, what does the manual say it does about Neutral-Ground Bonding?

The transformer you showed in the picture is 50VA... That means on the 115 Volt side it can handle 50/115= .43A too small for the fridge.

okay! It’s the same inverter just 3kva 24v. The manual is very vague. I’m learning, buy correctly from now on and it will be easier!
So that inverter won’t run the fridge correct? Running it at less amps then recommend will be bad for the fridge.
Do you recommend a certain step down transformer? The

You need a step-down that would handle ~40 watts or more.

You really only have 2 choices:
1) Get a different inverter
2) Use step-down transformers for anything that must have 120.

There is another problem: What sockets would you use for the power. Putting a 120V US wall socket in and running it at 220 is begging for a disaster. Putting in one of the Euro style 220V sockets would be a major PITA.
[/QUOTE

I’m not to concerned with code, as long as it’s safe.
In your opinion you don’t see any other way to make this 110v other than step down transformers?
Thanks for tanking the time to help!

No. Sorry. I really don't.
Thanks for all the help! I’ll most likely send it back.

they don’t make 230v to 115v transformers that can handle the 5000watts? Ten I could convert the entire system?Or maybe they are pricy?

BTW: The transformer will loose power so if you go that rout, I would still look at running the major loads either on DC or 220.

Back