diy solar

diy solar

Connected two EG4 PowerPro's, but 18kPV not seeing them

treeder

I followed the instructions exactly, put master on dip switch 1, (first switch on the left down) and the second one on dip switch 2 (second from the left down), connected everything up like it said, turned them on, flipped all the breakers, but it's like the 18k doesn't know they are there.

Any ideas?

Make sure the communication settings are properly set. I used Lux (whatever that number was) for the CAN protocol and EG4 for the other. You have to revert the dip switch settings to 0, recycle the power on the battery, then hold the ENTER button for a few seconds to pop up the protocol menu. Once you set them, reset the dip switches to the order you want and cycle the battery again. Once you've done them both, the inverter should start communicating properly.

If not, make sure the inverter is using LITHIUM as the battery type and 0 as the manufacturer number.

The video above may say the same thing but I didn't watch it. I apologize if I've duplicated info that was most likely more concisely communicated.

They are both EG4/LUX, you're saying they shouldn't be set to that?

I don't see how to do that, which setting is that?
Should be a setting to activate Battery and set BMS to lithium.
Not familiar enough with that model to say.
Hopefully someone else will know.

I’m assuming you already have the battery +. & - terminal’s already connected to the inverter + & - Terminal’s.

Below are the instructions to change to lithium. This is in the 18kpv LCD screen only.

You will have to enter 00000, hit enter, then change the Battery Type, then hit SET in the top right corner.

Took me a few tries to get it to actually take...because I wasn't hitting SET after entering the password and making the changes.
Capture.PNG

Also, your firmware on the battery isn't the most up to date. BUT I had that firmware up and running without issues so I don't think that is your problem. It's not a super old firmware.

Below are the instructions to change to lithium. This is in the 18kpv LCD screen only.

You will have to enter 00000, hit enter, then change the Battery Type, then hit SET in the top right corner.

Took me a few tries to get it to actually take...because I wasn't hitting SET after entering the password and making the changes.
View attachment 208480
I'll try this in the morning.

I followed the instructions exactly, put master on dip switch 1, (first switch on the left down) and the second one on dip switch 2 (second from the left down), connected everything up like it said, turned them on, flipped all the breakers, but it's like the 18k doesn't know they are there.

Any ideas?
Does this battery require the custom RJ-45 to RJ-45 cable? Might want to start there.

So I tried to set the battery to lithium, but I'm unable to set it. It's on the second page of advanced on the LCD, I click the drop down, then it asks me for the password. Once I enter the password it goes back to the first page. If I click down again, it goes back to the homepage... 🤦

Back