diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 6000ex issue

lboucher26

Hi All

So i have been running the EG4 6000ex for a few months.
Had some setting issues and changed from EG4 mode to USE mode (see other threads), etc....

A week or so ago, i get a call from my wife, that the Inverter is making a lot of noise and erroring...
I was able to drive home, but was in a real rush as i needed to catch a plane.

What i found, was the unit having the Fault beeping going off continually.
I also believe the AC Input side of the inverter was making alot of noising, it basically sound like it was trying to ramp on and off and just couldn't stabalize.
I didn't see any error fault on the screen, but noticed the AC input circle graphic thing was going in and out.
There is a very bad video of what i saw here.

You can't really hear the oscillating up down sound the transformer was making in the audio.. but it was there and it was loud enough to hear 20+ feet away in other rooms where people normally can't hear the unit at all.

In the video, the screen does show a 61 fault number right when i touched a button lighting up the screen. I think this was because the unit can't talk to the batteries? But it normally doesn't in USE mode... As i have the batteries connected to an Orange PI running Solar Assistant... So i am not sure why 61 showed up...

Since then, i have been on travel and only been home a couple days. I did turn on the unit and run in during those does. Tried to emulate different sitations (low light AC charging, AC bypass, normal solar, etc...) and it acted fine and didn't act this way.
I was hoping to be able to replicate the issue... But haven't been able to and been busy/travelling for work...

Anyways, any thoughts appreciated. At this time, i am nervous leaving the system on if i am not at home...

Also. All i did was turn ac input off and the rest of the inverter worked fine.
If it happens again I plan to connect watch power prior to power cycling.

Back