diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp error 19

kaha001

I just finished building my system based on wills 48v project: (2) 6000xp (6) life power 4 batteries.. I connected the system to a main power box then to a 50amp plug for my RV. we are totally off grid. The system is working very well with the exception of the #1 inverter when the A/C is on will throw error code 19 (PV overvoltage) when this happens the entire system resets. Sometimes the same inverter will fault even without the load on it. I reduced the PV load to 415v but that still didn't solve the problem. I currently only have two strings one 11 panels 260w 37.8v (on the master inverter) the other 8 panels 260w 37.8v (on slave inverter).I talked to Signature Solar tech support ( they were very helpful) BUT they suggested to ground the panels, that the error was caused by excess voltage that wasn't being used by the inverter feeding back to the MPPT causing it to fault. I asked why the other string wasn't faulting they said because that inverter defaulted back to the primary inverter.
I'm more than a little confused. My next thought is to balance both strings to just 9 panels and see if that makes a difference. Note: when I run the other A/C unit the systems works great.
Your thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated.
Regards ken

I would inspect the PV run to make sure there isn't a break in the wire and that all connections are secure. However, if you would like to DM the serial number for the inverters, I can take a look at the data on the monitoring system.

It's always better if the PV is balanced across multiple units. But I don't think that it would cause this problem.
If your array isn't properly grounded, it can create all kinds of issues.
With the lack of safety, at the top of the list.

Thanks all for the input. I measured the panels with a meter in AC mode it showed upwards of 15v could be higher at peak sun. The panels are mounted on a wood frame, and are touching each other at the mount points so the frames have continuity. From that string I split the panels to the inverters making two strings (electrically). So my thought is to ground the whole string as one as opposed to trying to separate the string into two strings physically.

Back