diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP Upgrade

I sweared at my EX6500s and definetely didn't swear by them....
I just got my 2 6000XPs running today. Guess what, NO LIGHTS FLICKERING at all. Smooth as silk. Now I just have to figure out how to get the 2nd inverter to recognize it on the app. Tried to add the 2nd dongle and it says S/N already exist?
There really ought to be a recall on the 6500EXs. To many customers with the same problems!

I just got my 2 6000XPs running today. Guess what, NO LIGHTS FLICKERING at all. Smooth as silk. Now I just have to figure out how to get the 2nd inverter to recognize it on the app. Tried to add the 2nd dongle and it says S/N already exist?
There really ought to be a recall on the 6500EXs. To many customers with the same problems!
That's awesome. I have one 6000xp and have been thinking about adding a second one, glad your setup is working well.
When I set up mine back in January, the EG4 software kept dayong that the SN already exist so I got ahold of EG4 and they straightened it out in a day or so.

That's awesome. I have one 6000xp and have been thinking about adding a second one, glad your setup is working well.
When I set up mine back in January, the EG4 software kept dayong that the SN already exist so I got ahold of EG4 and they straightened it out in a day or so.
What part of Indiana. I'm 25 miles west of Vincennes.

475v would be very close to the max 480VDC leaving little room for colder temperatures. I would recommend having 8 panels in series with the Blueson model leaving you with a max of 3,680W per MPPT and 422.656V. You could also look at doing 8 panels in series with two strings in parallel to one MPPT. However, that would leave you with a lot of excess wattage not necessarily being utilized since the max usable wattage per MPPT is 4000W.
Hey Jared, I just got the 2 6000XPs wired and running today. Cannot get the app to recognize the 2nd inverter. When I add the Dongle , it says S/N already exist. Any easy cure or should I contact EG4?

Hey Jared, I just got the 2 6000XPs wired and running today. Cannot get the app to recognize the 2nd inverter. When I add the Dongle , it says S/N already exist. Any easy cure or should I contact EG4?

Feel free to DM me the serial number for the Wi-Fi dongle and inverter. I can look into this for you.

Feel free to DM me the serial number for the Wi-Fi dongle and inverter. I can look into this for you.
Inverter# 4093740055
Dongle# BJ40172373

Also do you know the latest firmware # for the Inverter? I also read that my EG4 Lifepower4 batteries should be upgraded to latest. They were upgraded in January. Thanks

Inverter# 4093740055
Dongle# BJ40172373

Also do you know the latest firmware # for the Inverter? I also read that my EG4 Lifepower4 batteries should be upgraded to latest. They were upgraded in January. Thanks

The dongle should be reset and ready to pair. As for the latest inverter firmware, it should be 180C0D and if the LifePower4 were upgraded in January, they should be ready to communicate.

The dongle should be reset and ready to pair. As for the latest inverter firmware, it should be 180C0D and if the LifePower4 were upgraded in January, they should be ready to communicate.
Ok, I got the first inverter firmware upgraded but the second inverter dongle top LED is flashing. Unplugged, tried resetting and reinstalling and no luck. I press the button on the dongle and hold for 30 seconds but nothing. I assume that is the way to reset? This dongle was working earlier?
Also the monitor app on my phone has a bug. Cannot use the settings page. Message says app has a bug and to reset after publisher has come up with a fix?

Could you post a picture of the Wi-Fi dongle lights and the communication board on the 6000XP?
I swapped out the dongles to each inverter and the problem stayed with the dongle in question. That tells me it is a problem with the dongle? Do you agree?

Attachments

• 20240514_171022.jpg
    20240514_171022.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240514_171018.jpg
    20240514_171018.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240515_133436.jpg
    20240515_133436.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240515_133443.jpg
    20240515_133443.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 4
Right now I have been working with SS. Would you rather take care of t

Signature Solar should be able to provide you with a replacement. However, feel free to reach out if needed.
Ok thanks. About the problem with the APP. Like I said I get a message that the app has a bug after I click on settings and the app shuts down and exits to home page on my phone. Is there a bug associated with this app? I cannot change any settings at all. All other functions are normal. I deleted it and then reinstalled but the same thing?

Ok thanks. About the problem with the APP. Like I said I get a message that the app has a bug after I click on settings and the app shuts down and exits to home page on my phone. Is there a bug associated with this app? I cannot change any settings at all. All other functions are normal. I deleted it and then reinstalled but the same thing?

Is this on IOS or Android? I have not seen this; however, I do know there was a recent update to both applications.

Just to confirm that I got the same message about a bug with the app today as well. You can't access the Settings section.

Back