diy solar

diy solar

Feed in grid which one

Blackyi22

Hello,

I'm pretty new on this field but i made a lot of research.
I would like to swap out my inverters that are shown in the schema below with a single hybrid inverter but maintain the feed-in-grid functionality.
I live in italy, for the feed in grid we have 1 energy meter that measures all the power that is being produced and consumed (or fed) in the grid.
My concern is that with this kind of energy measurement i cannot swap it with any kind of inverters but only with specific kinds ( only the ones that have no AC IN ).
Is this statement true? Because if the inverter accepts AC IN and also uses AC IN then the AC OUT is not going to be just the produced, but also the energy that is being bought from the grid.

Grid: 230v monophase
Actual string inverter: ABB PVI-6000-TL-OUTD
Actual battery inverter: GROWATT SPA TL BL 3000
image.png

The only inverter i've found so far is huawei sun2000-6ktl-l1 that has this kind of schema in it's datasheet, and it fits perfectly the actual schema

2024-02-07_22-34.png

Attachments

• 2024-02-07_22-34.png
    2024-02-07_22-34.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 1
You need a grid interactive inverter. It will match to the grid and push all the power it can to the Main Panel.

If you have an all-in-one like the Sol-Ark, then you can put a CT on the connection between the Main Panel and Grid to measure how much is going to the Grid (smart power sensor in your 2nd diagram). The main panel would be backfed through the Grid connection on the Sol-Ark.

Since you do not have a Transfer Switch, you cannot provide power when the grid is down. Unless the ACDU is your disconnect. Then you would need to put your "important load" on the Sol-Ark load connection.

The main problem is the Important Load is between the Grid and Inverter. For backup, you need the Inverter between the Grid and Important Load.

You need a grid interactive inverter. It will match to the grid and push all the power it can to the Main Panel.

If you have an all-in-one like the Sol-Ark, then you can put a CT on the connection between the Main Panel and Grid to measure how much is going to the Grid (smart power sensor in your 2nd diagram). The main panel would be backfed through the Grid connection on the Sol-Ark.

Since you do not have a Transfer Switch, you cannot provide power when the grid is down. Unless the ACDU is your disconnect. Then you would need to put your "important load" on the Sol-Ark load connection.

The main problem is the Important Load is between the Grid and Inverter. For backup, you need the Inverter between the Grid and Important Load.
Thank you so much for your reply.

1) I'm pretty new, how can i be sure that the overproduced power is going to be backfed from the "grid" terminals?
I would like to install this kind of inverter

2) I'm not sure i did understand what is the problem of having the load between grid and the inverter. But if i understand correctly that the produced power is backfed to the "grid" terminals, i should have no problems "moving" the inverter in any part of the schema.

3) I didn't find anywhere what does ACDU mean, can you tell me what it is?

Thank you again!

Back