diy solar

diy solar

Genmax 9000ied vs Duromax 9000ih

littleboss

Looking at these two generators Genmax 9000ied vs Duromax 9000ih . I know they are made in the same factory. The Genmax is $200 higher at $2199 vs 1999 for the Duromax. The Duromax has the ATS connector. (BTW Duromax says the ATS will not be available until mid to late 2024) but I would like to have that option if it pans out... Other than that I don't see much difference other than handle direction.
I plan on hooking it to a 250 gallon propane tank so how it works on propane is important. I read the thread on the Duromax propane failures. Should I forgo the Duromax and ATS to get a Genmax for more reliable propane? Or are they completely identical?

I see the Duromax is rated at 25C which is around 77 degrees. Will they hold up on 105 degree Texas heat?
Finally which one has better customer service? Thanks

Looking at these two generators Genmax 9000ied vs Duromax 9000ih . I know they are made in the same factory. The Genmax is $200 higher at $2199 vs 1999 for the Duromax. The Duromax has the ATS connector. (BTW Duromax says the ATS will not be available until mid to late 2024) but I would like to have that option if it pans out... Other than that I don't see much difference other than handle direction.
I plan on hooking it to a 250 gallon propane tank so how it works on propane is important. I read the thread on the Duromax propane failures. Should I forgo the Duromax and ATS to get a Genmax for more reliable propane? Or are they completely identical?

I see the Duromax is rated at 25C which is around 77 degrees. Will they hold up on 105 degree Texas heat?
Finally which one has better customer service? Thanks
I believe Genmax makes the Duromax and Predator series. Take a look at "Gavins Garage" youtube channel, since he covers both in detail, and even does a capacity test on both. I think only the Genmax has the oil filter. I bought the Genmax GM9000IED. Very quiet, and the built in 50 amp plug is nice. Since its an inverter generator with a nice clean output, I have it connected to the Gen input of my inverters, so I can charge the
Batteries in foul weather.

I can't offer much to help you decide since I only have the DuroMAX units myself, but check out my thread Living with the DuroMAX XP9000iH

In that thread I describe some stuff that might be helpful. In particular, the option of swapping the fuel solenoid for a motorized ball valve and that the ATS plug can be fairly easily used for remote start of the generator (even without a first-party supported ATS).

I bought a Genmax 6000ied off amazon a year ago. Here's my experience:
- it arrived quickly and was packaged well
- after about a month the remote start failed, I sent a note through amazon and the seller issued a full refund of the purchase price ($1,400). Wow!
- I continued using it over the winter and the display failed. I called/e-mailed Genmax support, they responded promptly, their tech called and had a new display board shipped at no-charge.
- A few months later it developed a no spark condition. I e-mailed, their tech called and sent a new coil at no charge.

My experience is the product is prone to failure (I'm guessing I got a lemon) but their service has far exceeded any expectations for a relatively cheap product bought on amazon.

I believe Genmax makes the Duromax and Predator series. Take a look at "Gavins Garage" youtube channel, since he covers both in detail, and even does a capacity test on both. I think only the Genmax has the oil filter. I bought the Genmax GM9000IED. Very quiet, and the built in 50 amp plug is nice. Since its an inverter generator with a nice clean output, I have it connected to the Gen input of my inverters, so I can charge the
Batteries in foul weather.
Just tested the Genmax 9000IED on my new HVAC which has a micro air easy start installed. The Genmax is NOT able to start the 3 ton HVAC under Propane.
The impulse on the HVAC is 36 amps. I will be trying Fuel next. It runs everything else.

Back