diy solar

diy solar

Growatt/Shinephone app timeout issue

bobbiecool

Hi all. The past 2 days my Shinephone app for my 7.4kW home Growatt solar system keeps giving me a network timeout message. I checked the dongle on the inverter and it is flashing blue, which indicates it is connected to the network, yet the timeout message keeps showing and I cannot see any data on the app. Any ideas as to what it could be please?

Hi all. The past 2 days my Shinephone app for my 7.4kW home Growatt solar system keeps giving me a network timeout message. I checked the dongle on the inverter and it is flashing blue, which indicates it is connected to the network, yet the timeout message keeps showing and I cannot see any data on the app. Any ideas as to what it could be please?
I'm also experiencing this quite frequently. I think the Growatt servers are constantly overloaded and they haven't kept up with demand.

I'm switching to using the RS485/modbus port. This is already working great for controlling the inverter but I am planning on hooking the statistics up to Home Assistant via an ESP32 so everything works on the local network without relying on the slow unreliable Growatt servers.

I'm also experiencing this quite frequently. I think the Growatt servers are constantly overloaded and they haven't kept up with demand.

I'm switching to using the RS485/modbus port. This is already working great for controlling the inverter but I am planning on hooking the statistics up to Home Assistant via an ESP32 so everything works on the local network without relying on the slow unreliable Growatt servers.
Thanks for the reply. Given the massive interest and installation of solar the past year (and continuing) it wouldn't surprise me that their servers may be overloaded, it makes sense. At least I know there's nothing wrong at my end ?

This started happening to me in the last week as well. When you actually CLOSE the app on your iPhone (by flicking it UP) and then re-open it, it has a 100% success rate. Trying to refresh it after that is 100% failure rate. This strongly indicates that there's something wrong with the app's code, not growatt servers.

I am experiencing the same thing but! If I turn off wifi on my device and use LTE then it just starts working without any issue if I go back on wifi , the trick to restart device app etc doesn't work on my case but switching to mobile data then it works like a charm then after some time it start to work again on wifi like some hours

Yep, same with me. It started about 2 weeks ago. But do what @jar349 said and close the app. When you start the app again, it will work. Refresh will still continue to fail though.

Still doesn't work for me with restart of app or even phone but if I change from my home wifi to LTE/4g it works with no issues

This started happening to me in the last week as well. When you actually CLOSE the app on your iPhone (by flicking it UP) and then re-open it, it has a 100% success rate. Trying to refresh it after that is 100% failure rate. This strongly indicates that there's something wrong with the app's code, not growatt servers.
Doesn't work for me. It also doesnt work if I turn off wifi and rely on my 4G network. It's very up and down these past 2 weeks, one minute it's fine next it's not. I also have a tablet with the app and it does exactly the same. Is there a different app I can use with Growatt equipment?

This happened to me today, just keeps coming up Network Timeout, I have tried everything, close app, even deleted app and reinstall via app store, still nothing. I did manage to log into growatt’s server via browser, works fine and shows my plant and all figures are reporting spot on, so I know my dongle is connecting to growatts servers, just the app timing out. Will leave it 24 hours and try again tomorrow ??‍♂️

I have the same problem, but I foolishly removed and replaced the dongle which is now flashing red to indicate that it is not attached to my Wi-Fi . I had intended to re-install it but now can’t login to remove the data logger and I guess it won’t even be sending to the growatt server. Does anyone have any ideas?

This happened to me today, just keeps coming up Network Timeout, I have tried everything, close app, even deleted app and reinstall via app store, still nothing. I did manage to log into growatt’s server via browser, works fine and shows my plant and all figures are reporting spot on, so I know my dongle is connecting to growatts servers, just the app timing out. Will leave it 24 hours and try again tomorrow ??‍♂️
UPDATE: just tried again and app is working fine, probably growatt been working on it their end. ??‍♂️

UPDATE: just tried again and app is working fine, probably growatt been working on it their end. ??‍♂️
Think you're right, however it's been happening far to often for my liking. One minute it's fine the next it's not. Not good.

Hi, this is happening to me also. I can log in on gsm, but when connect to wifi to set the dongle fails, network timout.

Can the wifi dongle be set on the own wifi net from the browser?

The "network timeout" issue has fixed itself. I haven't seen that error in about a week now.

Hi all, newbie here. Just had my Growatt system installed yesterday so I very new to this. The PV system itself seems to be working fine but was frustrated by the Network Timeout issues when using ShinePhone.
A quick search lead me here and thanks to @sm999 above I’m logged into the online Growatt web server via my laptop browser: https://server.growatt.com/index
I was able to update my location and time zone very quickly, and get real-time data without issues, without the stress of constant Network Timeout msgs.
The ShinePhone app is clearly pants and not fit for use. Will stick to accessing the website server using my browser from now on.
Thanks all, hope to be picking up a few more tips here in future ??

I have the same problem, but I foolishly removed and replaced the dongle which is now flashing red to indicate that it is not attached to my Wi-Fi . I had intended to re-install it but now can’t login to remove the data logger and I guess it won’t even be sending to the growatt server. Does anyone have any ideas?
Hi , I did the same thing! I tried to reinstall the app, it didn’t work! The following morning I had the app back on its own, with all the usual information! There seems to be a problem with the app with frequent time out! Switching the app off & on, you get the updated info! The installer is not helpful!

The app will timeout, probadly to minimise load on the server. But if you log out through the ‘me’ menu at the end of a session, it will reopen on the ‘log in‘ page next time you use it saving any hassle about reloading the app.

Back