diy solar

diy solar

Help - Need an inverter with adjustable low voltage cutoff

danphillips

Help please! I'm looking for an inexpensive inverter with adjustable low voltage cutoff.

Does anyone know of one? Needed for testing batteries

12v to 120v ac - 1000w minimum

Thanks

I have a power supply to charge the batteries, I then use an inverter to create a load I wish to test. Today I loaded the batteries with 1700 watts (heater). Battery run time was 1 hour 15 minutes. My next test will be running 400 watts.

im testing 4 valence batteries 12v 40a.

Hmmm well I use load dump resistors on my test bench to do this... They're not as easily tuneable, but they're a cheaper option for sure:

I like to use my inverter tied to my charge controller to use its low voltage shutoff via a relay, but I haven’t fully setup my station as of yet.

I hate to just dump into resistors, I like to use the battery testing with a heat setup warming the room, I am building a mini split for a good efficient load that heats the space as well.
I’m starting off with 12000btuh setup, and will be tying in a 36000btu unit for a heavier load test of my full BYD 4 pack load test.

I am using one of these meters that has LOP (low output protection) and a relay output control. Just drive the relay with the meter relay output. It will run down to your LOP set voltage and de-energize the relay. It will also record power, show amps, watts, etc. I can give you more details of the setup if you want to go this route.

Back