diy solar

diy solar

Inverters High or Low Frequency ?

the high voltage angle of Mike G was interesting but a battery build/buy is the stumbling part there...
The Sandi 30kw is the one to get with prebuit LiFEPO4 and is probably safe . I get a price of 4200 dollars for the 96vDC 12kw Sandi inverter and it is the same as 120vdc with MPPT solar controller and shipping included . I will need a inverter next year as the temperature is going down now. I can build a 96vdc battery safely . Sean on youtube say Jack can make the GS 12k in one week and ship to Sean by Aug 1 but now Jack told Genetry he can not get the parts so sound kind of fishy .
the powerjack-jack manufacturing facility has become very undependable for shipping what they sell....especially if they say it is coming from China....I am not sure why they are running their business into the ground....so sad...

I am still looking at the Sandi high voltage inverter, but cost and time dictate what I do....similar to Mike G....not much studying on that lately except looking at the high voltage disconnects for dc equipment a bit as that is another area that would require better/safety equipment in DC high voltage....likely why many stay at 48 volts.....

Of course, the gs12k has no new YouTube updates as they can not even get the prototype finished....some 20 months later, the wheel's reinvention is going very slow for them....maybe they went on vacation with the prepayments with jack...?

The high voltage disconnects for dc equipment a bit as that is another area that would require better/safety equipment in DC high voltage....likely why many stay at 48 volts. The breaker is my concern with the Sandi 30kw inverter as the breaker is expensive and necessary . I watch every youtube by Sean but none this week about the delay from China . The tinkering with MPU update and WIFI cause the rev C2 board to be delay also . The Microchip MPU problem is there not enough memory to program all the features that Sean wanted . This MPU is a dedicated chip and not meant for tickering . Sid say 2 pieces for the rev C2 board is not available by Jack . My guess is the relay price shot up too high to make just 2 pieces . Maybe Jack went on vacation with the prepayment but Sean is working on a fulltime job . He say only ten 12kw for the pre-order production . I think he need sell at least 20 GS 12kw for the pre-order . I try not to post anymore in Genetry Forum . People in Genetry forum say Powerjack ship him the wrong inverter so powerjack-jack manufacturing facility has become very undependable for shipping what they sell and what they do sell do not work like my cable on fire . Probably because I told SId my cable was on fire because the crimp came loose he told Jack that the GS 12kw need to be crimp better but Jack say that may cause more DELAY as crimping 10 wires is very difficult .

The high voltage disconnects for dc equipment a bit as that is another area that would require better/safety equipment in DC high voltage....likely why many stay at 48 volts. The breaker is my concern with the Sandi 30kw inverter as the breaker is expensive and necessary . I watch every youtube by Sean but none this week about the delay from China . The tinkering with MPU update and WIFI cause the rev C2 board to be delay also . The Microchip MPU problem is there not enough memory to program all the features that Sean wanted . This MPU is a dedicated chip and not meant for tickering . Sid say 2 pieces for the rev C2 board is not available by Jack . My guess is the relay price shot up too high to make just 2 pieces . Maybe Jack went on vacation with the prepayment but Sean is working on a fulltime job . He say only ten 12kw for the pre-order production . I think he need sell at least 20 GS 12kw for the pre-order . I try not to post anymore in Genetry Forum . People in Genetry forum say Powerjack ship him the wrong inverter so powerjack-jack manufacturing facility has become very undependable for shipping what they sell and what they do sell do not work like my cable on fire . Probably because I told SId my cable was on fire because the crimp came loose he told Jack that the GS 12kw need to be crimp better but Jack say that may cause more DELAY as crimping 10 wires is very difficult .
always something....how may delays can the gs12 endure....???
the microprocessor could be bigger capacity if they were not skimping and downsizing the components....yes the gs forum is strictly almost a bash powerjack to promote the sale of the gs prototypes vs any real help to powerjack owner operators....it is amazing they bash the company right and left that they hire to manufacture assemble for them.....not like they will ever compete with powerjack volume or any China labor production price....
wow >>> the less than sub $3k price that they argued about for the non-existent gs 12k is actually more than the competition that has working stock...$2999.99 plus tax and shipping if ever completed!!! not impressed or amused...
if I can get more done I may still go with a Sandi 30k LF high voltage inverter in the future....
old dogs seem to get slower every year or at least the time flies by faster....
not sure what the new tax laws for solar renewable will be in the year 2023 and in the future to promote off-grid solar but the grid tie utility monopolies are beginning to not be so favorable to many in several states I read/hear....
for me >>> off-grid solar PV is still the direction I continue to develop/expand as I don't like the monopolistic utility >>>>?? big business supported by the government by big corporate donations and lobbying stifling the small guy as usual....
have a great Monday?
it may take a full-time job to pay back the prepayments due to Jack's vacation......?

A Sandi 30kw LF high voltage inverter in the future . Mike G latest youtube show his 25kw doing load test and do 26kw easy and all the wires are cool . A Sandi 30k will pay for itself in a few years . A Sandi 120vDC 12kw inverter will pay for itself for me in 2 years because of the stupid utility rate in Arizona . 40 cents per kwh for 4 months of summer and 10 cents for the other 8 months . Arizona has the worst net metering of paying 4 cents for grid-tie solar and it cost 40 cents to use grid power at night . Almost nobody get free solar like they advertise because the utility charge 100 dollars a month for maintenance fee . It is very difficult to parallel 240/120 split-phase inverters but more company are doing it with RS485 external cables . Sigineer has a 120vDC inverter now 15kw . GS is never going to catch up and Sean best to keep the full time job .

Attachments

• Screenshot (645671).png
    Screenshot (645671).png
    294 KB · Views: 14
A Sandi 30kw LF high voltage inverter in the future . Mike G latest youtube show his 25kw doing load test and do 26kw easy and all the wires are cool . A Sandi 30k will pay for itself in a few years . A Sandi 120vDC 12kw inverter will pay for itself for me in 2 years because of the stupid utility rate in Arizona . 40 cents per kwh for 4 months of summer and 10 cents for the other 8 months . Arizona has the worst net metering of paying 4 cents for grid-tie solar and it cost 40 cents to use grid power at night . Almost nobody get free solar like they advertise because the utility charge 100 dollars a month for maintenance fee . It is very difficult to parallel 240/120 split-phase inverters but more company are doing it with RS485 external cables . Sigineer has a 120vDC inverter now 15kw . GS is never going to catch up and Sean best to keep the full time job .

Ok, so there's a Sandi then there's a SNADI brand, and they're different.

I've got a SNADI "toroidal" inverter; I can see the big transformer inside but I'm not sure if it's LF or HF.

I see Sean finally popped up in a youtube video with more delays coming (yesterday).....their reinvention of a powerjack inverter-based production is still too slow with a slow undependable supplier...
Sigineer is a tried and true LF inverter design that is used by Aims, Yiyen, Sungold power, etc with off-the-shelf parts for the most part...vs the gs12 reinvention with no ability to do a load test.... for the claimed continuous working ability... the Sigineer can surge for 30 seconds longer in the 12k to 15k so would start extra loads... not sure what the 15k would do for surge....
Yes, Sean needs to keep his full-time job....family of nine with 60000 miles of driving per year....lots of expensive food etc....I seriously doubt they will ever compete with the inexpensive China labor price anytime in the near future or be able to keep up with the new equipment coming onto the scene...
The Sandi 30kw high voltage LF inverter is the future....the high voltage runs cooler and as Mike G showed the wiring is fairly simple....the high voltage battery can be custom built for a fee...
Jack Riccard at EVTV Motor Verks commissioned them to redesign the Sandi LF inverter and I believe he was forward thinking....a pioneer to the large electrical usage of typical homes in the USA today.....
The people who think they can use a 5kWh battery to power much of anything or use a 6kw inverter to power a 24/7 house off-grid are being duped...unless they live in a tiny home like a hermit and do not care to live with modern convenient electrical appliances!!!!

Sounds like the utility company is a big rip-off to do a grid tie as well as their rates are a bit exorbitant so off-grid is the better and likely more dependable way for you to go.... besides the fact of a bunch of other expensive equipment to be grid-tied to give them the PV solar electricity for essentially pennies in comparison to what they charge you to use it...

South Dakota has no grid tie net metering so there is absolutely no reason for me to hook any solar PV-generated electricity to their grid...
Off-grid is definitely the best way in my situation!!! ???
Have a great Tuesday! you always have good information to share....Thanks

I see Sean finally popped up in a youtube video with more delays coming (yesterday).....their reinvention of a powerjack inverter-based production is still too slow with a slow undependable supplier . He say Jack has problem with the bus bar like you say the prototype wiring is a mess . Sean say in another youtube that Sid had to redesign the case bigger . I post in his forum the GS12kw case need to be larger to fit the primary choke and to clean up the rat nest of wires but was ignor till now the production model has problem . I knew that designing to the millimeter will not work with Powerjack manufacturing as i/8 inch is more like it . I seen BMW manufacturing done to the millimeter and the parts are perfect . Growatt may finally fix the problem with their earlier model of inverters . The early Growatt had problem with using autotransformer to do split-phase . Another model had problem with the green ground screw . The newest Growatt 12kw first production run was sold out in a few days and is now making another shipment on backorder . The price is 1000 dollars less than the GS12kw . I have to wait for review if it can do 12000 watts continuously and say it will work at 120 degree F . I seriously doubt rhe GS12kw will ever compete with the inexpensive China labor price anytime in the near future or be able to keep up with the new Growatt 12kw that sold every one they make .

Attachments

• Screenshot (645745).png
    Screenshot (645745).png
    294.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot (645746).png
    Screenshot (645746).png
    188.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot (645747).png
    Screenshot (645747).png
    638.7 KB · Views: 16
sean talk of firmware 1.2 ..for the gs12 inverter ....i did not watch it as it is hard to tell when and if there will be a final real production model of an un-known remake of a powerjack toroid lf inverter that actually is available without pre-pay and financing the powerjack-jack fishy scheme of things...with an open ended delivery date....so I would advise all buyers to beware and look another direction at this time...
hype will not work,,,and they will not be UL approved anytime soon.... too many changes without producing anything...
have a great day,, it is raining and boy it is welcome as it was very dry here!!! ?

sean talk of firmware 1.2 ..for the gs12 inverter Sean say the firmware is done for now with new update for wifi and remote view of display . The work need to do for parallel mode is not finish and Sean gave credit for a lot of people that help with the firmware . Still waiting for the production model 12kw . Growatt really made a lot of improvement with MPPT included for the lowest price of any 12kw inverter . It is raining here also and my inverter is outside and not being use .

So the Sandi inverters are good? I've been quoted 3 300 USD for 12kW and 3 780 USD for 15kW three phase output with 48V DC input + 50A charging module. I find that very reasonable (the Must Power 12kW PH3000 three phase inverter is about 2 150 USD but I find that a bit too cheap). The Sandi is supposedly made to order.

I wish I kept all my LF inverters

been through a good dozen HF since ... and now its hard now to get LF

slightest bit of vibration / knock seems to kill those pip inverters

.so I would advise all buyers to beware and look another direction at this time...
hype will not work,,,and they will not be UL approved anytime soon.... too many changes without producing anything
I will test my 25kw powerjack control board and mainboard box when FED EX deliver this monday . The ASL 11.0 transformer is coming from China and it better not be a picture in a carboard box authorize by Jack .

low frequency >>> a 48 volt 20kw LF PSW SP 2 ss box Super Power Brand supposedly in North Hampton PA today? if it arrives $508.90 via eBay auction...
I think it is set up like the AMG version just like the upower topic that was being discussed...
I thought it was another fraud scam,,,, and started to cancel through eBay,,,, but it seems now to be showing up
I still think it is the same PowerJack manufactured units...
eta 2/17/2023 via FedEx???
I am thinking the other forum just deleted what they did not like,,,, kind of the cancel culture if one disagrees....

I like the 2 box design of the 15k inverter I am running.....
the other forum seems to purposely give bad direction...
$_57.JPG

Last edited:
I am thinking the other forum just deleted what they did not like,,,, kind of the cancel culture if one disagrees.. I think Sid is deleting all the Powerjack posting that he think is nonsense right now . Sean is probably deleting his youtube repair of Powerjack inverters also .
20kw LF PSW SP 2 ss box super power brand supposedly in North Hampton PA today? if it arrives $508.90 via eBay auction...
I think it is set up like the amg version just like the upower topic that was being discussed . All the new Powerjack inverter has the rev 11.3 control board and the AMG transformer that is like the GS transformer with 2 separate primary windings . 500 dollars is a good price . I can win almost any auction on ebay by bidding at the one minute mark higher than the last bid and bid again at 5 second before the auction end . Super power is David ebay account . Jack use the Powerjack control board and test Sid transformer spec to 14000 watts on the GS first prototype transformer according to Sean youtube a long time ago . I am sure Jack do not need WiFi board to run a GS transformer and he can make a 12000 watt inverter any time he want to using Powerjack parts .

yes, the garage duo had so many mistakes on their forum and were often multiplied in the youtube videos... the gs 12k inverter just blew all the fets and they do not know why in a video yesterday....2/15/2023 evidently it happened 2 days prior...
he is connecting them to 2 different subpanels on his ac connected house with dc breakers and it is quite obvious that the arc flash on the non-enclosed breaker was not safely installed for one thing....
dc breakers and dc switches need to be in steel enclosures, especially for high voltage.... the dc breaker between the battery and inverter needs to be in a steel enclosure.... they are promoting dum & dummer moves...in that video
the non-el cheapo frontman and constant tinkering designer are not safe in his promotion.
dc arc flash is no joke....
they paint that big red liability dot on their back with their misinformation,,,, duh....maybe someone told them they do not have Chinese immunity...
jack is definitely laughing at them

Last edited:
if you look at the basement garage duo's ruined dc breaker it had a shunt that was not tight... a loose DC connection >>> big fire hazard which he so proudly shows off as it was incorrectly installed....(big red dot)
they still need to learn about how an arc welder works....and what it sounds like....but probably can not hear it over the jet engine fan noise from their reinvention of the wheel design anyway....
Ohio has a big hazard near them with the toxic train derailment...

YES and I will say what happen in private as I will try not to post in Sean Forum . I was laughing because you just told Sean to check all the connections .

not to post in Sean Forum
yes, it is mostly for self-promotion of the non-existent problem-plagued new inverters' design and a big push to bash their previous PowerJack employer. this forum has better qualified electrical information vs the other forum purposely mis-directing PowerJack buyers....
Jack will continue to laugh at them...

Back