diy solar

diy solar

Inverters High or Low Frequency ?

update: FedEx delivered the 22kg transformer 20k box , but the control box is not here,,, they snuck in and out without me seeing them,,, left it on a pallet next to the skidloader . Fed Ex ship half the shipment to me a long time ago and left in a hurry . Fed Ex drop a battrey and left in a big hurry and that battery blew up outside a long time ago . The ebay seller say Fed Ex will deliver by next week after I call Am Exp to cancel the order . Sometime and maybe all the time need to cancel before Powerjack will deliver .

update: FedEx delivered the 22kg transformer 20k box , but the control box is not here,,, they snuck in and out without me seeing them,,, left it on a pallet next to the skidloader . Fed Ex ship half the shipment to me a long time ago and left in a hurry . Fed Ex drop a battrey and left in a big hurry and that battery blew up outside a long time ago . The ebay seller say Fed Ex will deliver by next week after I call Am Exp to cancel the order . Sometime and maybe all the time need to cancel before Powerjack will deliver .
20K modular 2 piece LF SP PSW inverter half is MIA:
I do note that it has a thick steel reinforcement plate on the bottom where the center toroid bolt holds it in place ( a known weak part to be checked before operation), so they have improved that on this version or at least made it stronger in that part....ASL6 I think it said on the bottom AMG version 11.3....so not a very large toroid transformer in it.... a single 120mm fan on the transformer box...

well, well, well, a shipping label was created for the control box but FedEx says they never received it, seller says they can send a replacement on the next ocean shipment, so I have a transformer box for the 20k but no control box ( not unusable) I was going to open it up but I better wait I guess( I did take it out of the double cardboard box but I was going to open up the metal case to see what's inside,,, this one has stickers and is a painted silver color likely galvanized metal, not stainless steel....

I think the 30k which is supposed to arrive on Monday the 20th of February will be in two ss cases in its two box shipment,,,, I will have to wait and see how FedEx does with the next shipment (kind of like cracker jacks)
but like you say when I started to cancel they suddenly found they were in the warehouse (they must have several warehouses) Lansing Michigan, Philadelphia PA, Walnut California etc
Maybe better to order one direct from the warehouse but often can be bought at half price on eBay auction...?

by the way >>> PowerJack / Super Power / uPower / etc are LF inverters with heavy iron core transformers (at least the ones I purchased; the PWM (pulse width modulation) is done 1st directly from the DC battery input cables and then the newly inverted PSW (pure sine wave) low voltage AC is ran through the split phase center-tapped toroidal transformer to increase the voltage output to 120 or 240 volts.... (a step-up transformer)
the control box will have the DC input where the PWM (pulse width modulation) occurs to invert the DC to AC voltage...(mainboard with the MOSFETs, electrolytic capacitors and blob capacitors to filter it, control board, and low-frequency driver board etc)
It specifically states a choke is needed on the AC output for heavy motor loads !!!! on the case!
for the USA 120 volt and/or 240 volts is all I use....at 60hz
I hook these up to off-grid main breaker panels and would never hook on to the grid... all is off-grid solar PV in my builds...
I found this thread to be quite informative when I went back to the beginning and read through it better,
thanks to all the commentors???

Last edited:
well, a shipping label was created for the control box but FedEx says they never received it, seller says they can send a replacement on the next ocean shipment, so I have a transformer box for the 20k but no control box ( not unusable) I was going to open it up but I better wait I guess( I did take it out of the double cardboard box but I was going to open up the metal case to see what's inside,,, this one has stickers and is a painted silver color likely galvanized metal, not stainless steel...
IS this Jack scam to not sell the 20kw inverter for a low auction price ? I already file a dispute with Am Exp on the item that the seller say I will get next week from Walnut . IF only control box was deliver then Am Exp say I will get a complete refund if the other item is not recieve within 30 days . IT do not make sense if ocean shipping take more than 30 days so I will cancel and return the item and try the next auction . Transformer ASL6.5 is very good but I never see a ASL6.0 . IF I do get the 2 boxes next week then I will test and see if smoke come out and file for a return immediately . I always turn the inverter on first and then turn on the AC breaker and not need a AC choke . When the AC breaker is turn on with a 5000 watts load first and then turn on the inverter the AC load sometime start slowly or a delay of a second and ramp up to speed . My 2 inverters has 2 separate battery banks so not blow up the inverter like Sean done two times . He blame the barn wires the first time and now say ebay send him a bad DC breaker and shunt .

IS this Jack scam to not sell the 20kw inverter for a low auction price ? seller say I will get next week from Walnut .

seems to be the same game playing>>>>why???
do the credit cards take the hit and the seller walks away never to return the money to the cc companies>>>just get a different new seller name on eBay???
I hope not but at any rate, there is a 2-piece 30k LF PSW SP inverter en route for Monday (according to the FedEx tracking) with a 176.24 pounds weight shown in the FedEx notice...

and maybe the control box will show up in another week or so for the MIA other half of the 20K modular LF SP PSW inverter...

Seller messageMessageMessageHi Sir If so, we did have 1pc stocks in CA warhouse, you still want another 5days around, if so, we will arrange it by next Monday, pls confirm, tks.
now they may have found the other half from CA warehouse....hurry up and wait,,,,I guess,
hope not to be scammed but eBay still says it has 30-day money back guarantee....but still annoying...
have a great day

?

Last edited:
Seller messageMessageMessageHi Sir If so, we did have 1pc stocks in CA warhouse, you still want another 5days around, if so, we will arrange it by next Monday, pls confirm, tks. The seller was hoping you will cancel first . When I was selling on ebay if I cancel a order FIRST then ebay will give me penalty . I always try to make the buyer cancelled first if the price is not right . I just happen to get a message an hour ago to cancel my low auction price item and want me to cancelled FIRST . I say NO and to send me the item . Now waiting to see if the seller will message that the item was lost and he need to cancel . Fed Ex forget to pick up the other box is a stupid excuse and now found one in Walnut is also stupid . I know that almost all item in Walnut are returned . You should test the control box as soon as it is delivered and see if any smoke .

not blow up the inverter like Sean done two times . He blame the barn wires the first time and now say ebay send him a bad DC breaker and shunt .
I think they have bad communication of the inverter getting the back surge with 2 inverters hooked to the same battery and same ac breaker system even if one is a different subpanel they will still be electrically connected and not correctly synchronized as an earlier commenter mentioned. hard to say
I am not an electrical engineer, but try to learn more every day! ?
I use a different breaker panel and different separate LIFePO4 batteries for each inverter I connect and do not redline them.....
I prefer not to blow them up and definitely check the connections for secure and tight connections....
my LF inverters are off-grid and will never come in contact with the grid...
they have not cured their bug-ridden gs prototype woes after more than 2 years of hype.... and still guessing what the problem may be....blowing out 48 fets should be fun to repair???
he hides his dangerous Li-ion batteries connections.... in essentially all the youtube videos (red dot).?

Back