diy solar

diy solar

Inverters High or Low Frequency ?

at around 6:23 in that video above he is showing some of what not to do but does not know what it is....or why they blow up all his fets in his inverter...

there is a reason that DC switches and DC breakers are heavy-duty >>>> the dangerous arc flash is just one of the errors to avoid...

I have a 600-volt DC 200amp switch coming today.... made by Square D...
not el cheapo garbage

the shunt on the DC breaker that was not installed correctly or safely had a loose dc connection. he does not know what the shunt is....

shunts are commonly used to get measurements across different points.....
he utilizes the more dangerous used Li-ion battery technology....
the dc arc flash is no joke....

DC breakers should be in a steel enclosure for safety and all connections carefully checked before energizing,,,

safety 1st....
DC voltage has my respect....
as does AC voltage
be safe in all you do....?

low frequency >>> a 48 volt 20kw LF PSW SP 2 ss box Super Power Brand supposedly in North Hampton PA today? if it arrives $508.90 via eBay auction...
I think it is set up like the AMG version just like the upower topic that was being discussed...
I thought it was another fraud scam,,,, and started to cancel through eBay,,,, but it seems now to be showing up
I still think it is the same PowerJack manufactured units...
eta 2/17/2023 via FedEx???
I am thinking the other forum just deleted what they did not like,,,, kind of the cancel culture if one disagrees....

I like the 2 box design of the 15k inverter I am running.....
the other forum seems to purposely give bad direction...
$_57.JPG
FedEx shows it as in Kansas City at 5:38 am for Friday delivery>>>....2/17/2023.....
more later,,,,
many things happening on the multitasking list today ....?

Last edited:
I wonder how the two inverters communicate between each other… the house must have shared neutrals… even if they are not bonded to ground… so all panels combined need to be in sync

I wonder how the two inverters communicate between each other… the house must have shared neutrals… even if they are not bonded to ground… so all panels combined need to be in sync
they do not have the communication problem solved.....still tinkering with it over 2 years later....as I understand it....
none are at the delivery stage yet...
kind of like the incompatible parts in the personal computers through the years>>> their redesign of an old design based on the original xantrax inverter copy I think
I am not an electrical engineer >>> so above my understanding of the tiny pieces and parts to make that function correctly...

low frequency >>> a 48 volt 20kw LF PSW SP 2 ss box Super Power Brand supposedly in North Hampton PA today? if it arrives $508.90 via eBay auction...
I think it is set up like the AMG version just like the upower topic that was being discussed...
I thought it was another fraud scam,,,, and started to cancel through eBay,,,, but it seems now to be showing up
I still think it is the same PowerJack manufactured units...
eta 2/17/2023 via FedEx???
I am thinking the other forum just deleted what they did not like,,,, kind of the cancel culture if one disagrees....

I like the 2 box design of the 15k inverter I am running.....
the other forum seems to purposely give bad direction...
$_57.JPG
WEIGHT51 lbs / 23.13 kgs
DIMENSIONS23x22x13 in.
TOTAL PIECES2
TOTAL SHIPMENT WEIGHT87 lbs / 39.46 kgs
PACKAGINGPackage
so it looks like it will weigh 138 pounds for this toroidal based 2 box inverter according to the FedEx site. it is in Kansas city now...

Common issue with these large LF toroid transformer designs is the mounting straps. Gentry and Powerjack inverters have this arrangement.

If the center bolt makes contact to the perimeter metal support straps you get a short circuit secondary side turn on toroid transformer made of conductive straps, center bolt, and metal case. This causes a massive inverter DC input current that can blow out MOSFET's on primary side.

When this happens, overcurrent protect on AC side current sensors are not in short circuit load path so they will not shut down inverter to protect it. Not many inverters put independent primary side MOSFET overcurrent sensing protection, other than temp sensors on their heat sinks, so DC input breaker is last line of defense, which if it pops is usually after the MOSFET's are already destroyed.

It is better to have an isolated center support cup without perimeter straps to short out for mounting of toroid transformer.

Whether LF or HF inverters, poor quality designs on either will dominate results.

As to solid design and good quality, I would rate Victron(LF), SMA(LF), Xantrex(LF), and Outback(LF) on the top of the list. SolArk(HF), Magnum(LF) in middle. AIMS(LF), MPP Solar(HF), Growatt(HF), and Powerjack(LF) near bottom of list. A lot of HF inverter clones are very poor quality.

LF hybrid inverter block diagram.png

HF hybrid inverter block diagram.png

at around 6:23 in that video above he is showing some of what not to do but does not know what it is....or why they blow up all his fets in his inverter...

there is a reason that DC switches and DC breakers are heavy-duty >>>> the dangerous arc flash is just one of the errors to avoid...

I have a 600-volt DC 200amp switch coming today.... made by Square D...
not el cheapo garbage

the shunt on the DC breaker that was not installed correctly or safely had a loose dc connection. he does not know what the shunt is....

shunts are commonly used to get measurements across different points.....
he utilizes the more dangerous used Li-ion battery technology....
the dc arc flash is no joke....

DC breakers should be in a steel enclosure for safety and all connections carefully checked before energizing,,,

safety 1st....
DC voltage has my respect....
as does AC voltage
be safe in all you do....?
Wait these guys are trying to design an inverter and they don’t even know what a shunt is?

What is the background on these 2?

Where did they come from?

Why have I never seen this before?

Wait these guys are trying to design an inverter and they don’t even know what a shunt is?

What is the background on these 2?

Where did they come from?

Why have I never seen this before?
one guy is in Ohio and may have been a back shed forum self-teacher who worked for PowerJack but may be a carpenter but not an engineer, the other is/was a retail store worker who also worked for PowerJack is in Lansing Michigan,,,, now both bash them after PowerJack gave them the Chinese handshake. the front man in the video sales man was touting PowerJack in many videos and PowerJack was sending him returns to fix etc,,, but then after trying to be a competitor, it seems PowerJack gave them the Chinese handshake....after getting some preorder money in August 2022....at 3000 dollars per preorder not yet produced hyped gs12k inverter....
still none have been shipped for final production...

selling things they do not have produced.....
presales without the goods
sound familiar??

before the honeymoon he (the front man) was going to have a retail store funded by PowerJack >>> all went south for him for a faster way to sell stuff.. in a nut shell as they give all kinds of directions right and wrong ??? to the YouTube audience....
one guy commenting is the front man salesman's is their new neighbor down the road....in Michigan also....
search powerjack inverter on YouTube....

1676595612361.png
1676595649501.png
176 pound 30000 watt lf psw sp inverter 2 stainless steel cases shipped 2/16/2023 via Philadelphia PA fedex toroid inverter....
so this was via a eBay auction for $966.81 delivery and taxes included 48 volt inverter purchase 12/5/2023 so it takes a while via the slow boat ride.... from China
30000W LF SP PSW Power iIverter DC 48V To AC 110V & 220V-Forver version

View attachment 135212
View attachment 135213
176 pound 30000 watt lf psw sp inverter 2 stainless steel cases shipped 2/16/2023 via Philadelphia PA fedex toroid inverter....
so this was via a eBay auction for $966.81 delivery and taxes included 48 volt inverter purchase 12/5/2023 so it takes a while via the slow boat ride.... from China
30000W LF SP PSW Power iIverter DC 48V To AC 110V & 220V-Forver version
Interesting. Have you tried it yet?

30000W LF SP PSW Power iIverter DC 48V To AC 110V & 220V-Forever version
The picture of the transformer on pallet sent to Sid is the ASL 11.0 in your 30kw Powerjack . Jack lie to Sean and Sid and maybe copy the winding spec of the GS12kw ? Your 30kw may do 12000 watt for an hour ?

Common issue with these large LF toroid transformer designs is the mounting straps. Gentry and Powerjack inverters have this arrangement.

If the center bolt makes contact to the perimeter metal support straps you get a short circuit secondary side turn on toroid transformer made of conductive straps, center bolt, and metal case. This causes a massive inverter DC input current that can blow out MOSFET's on primary side.

When this happens, overcurrent protect on AC side current sensors are not in short circuit load path so they will not shut down inverter to protect it. Not many inverters put independent primary side MOSFET overcurrent sensing protection, other than temp sensors on their heat sinks, so DC input breaker is last line of defense, which if it pops is usually after the MOSFET's are already destroyed.

It is better to have an isolated center support cup without perimeter straps to short out for mounting of toroid transformer.

Whether LF or HF inverters, poor quality designs on either will dominate results.

As to solid design and good quality, I would rate Victron(LF), SMA(LF), Xantrex(LF), and Outback(LF) on the top of the list. SolArk(HF), Magnum(LF) in middle. AIMS(LF), MPP Solar(HF), Growatt(HF), and Powerjack(LF) near bottom of list. A lot of HF inverter clones are very poor quality.

View attachment 135097

View attachment 135099
Thanks for posting these Block Diagram.
Very helpful in understanding the process.

Your 30kw may do 12000 watt for an hour ?
for less than 1/3 of the prepay not yet existent none yet shipped redesigned GS12k....>>> ($2999.99 plus tax)
watching them show the inverter again with blown mosfets and the improperly secured dc breaker makes one shake his head in disbelief...

eBay and pay by credit card is the guarantee.... of product delivery
vs the prepay to a not yet produced pie-in-the-sky inverter...
you would have to hope those people who have the prepay since August 2022 get the end product....

yet he is still trying to get more people to pay in advance for nothing yet produced or proven reliable from new and different pieces and parts suppliers from China... and still, have to wait on a slow boat ride when and if they get all the pieces and parts...
why did their gs12k prototype inverter blow up all the mosfets >>> they don't know.... not the first time either...

gs still tinkering with their redesign of the wheel for over 2 years and lost the prior manufacturing partner for various unknown reasons....
selling used or decommissioned PowerJack parts on their website with absolutely no warranty???? hmmmm
did PowerJack just loose all the pallets of parts he shipped to GS ??
the Chinese handshake without a contract did not work out well for them....

gs avoids answers to what happened to the money the people paid on the pre-pay plan.... maybe Jack took them on a vacation....
gs says good luck trying to sue a Chinese company >>> duh

maybe/hopefully the 30000-watt LF PSW SP will run the welder and a few more shop tools.... there is absolutely never going to be any grid connection to these inverters in my solar PV off-grid builds... 12000 watts would be sufficient for the moment...?
it is designed to be readily opened and repaired >>>the 2 ss box inverter....
I will open it up and check it all before hooking it up.... after FedEx throws it down several times because they will not employ a team lift for it.... I have watched them do these drops right in front of me in my driveway before...

the Square D 600 volt DC 200 amp disconnect switch arrived yesterday via UPS.... safety 1st you all..
have a great day... its Friday! ?

I may answer this post with several posting as I may find more wrong with the GS12kw . First for less than 1/3 of the prepay not yet existent none yet shipped redesigned GS12k....>>> ($2999.99 plus tax) watching them show the inverter again with blown mosfets and the improperly secured dc breaker makes one shake his head in disbelief... YES and I watch the youtube before that Sean say he check every connection and all are tight including all DC connections and breaker are tight and good . After all 44 mosfets blown up he then say Ebay send him a broken DC breaker and something loose inside the breaker may cause the damage . One ( David H ) comment that the problem is cause by having both inverters share one and same battery bank . Sean did not answer ( David H ) and think his battery is ok and not the problem . why did their gs12k prototype inverter blow up all the mosfets >>> they don't know.... not the first time either... In the November load test of the prototype inverter and when the second inverter breaker turn on the inverter blow all 44 FETs and later say Darren fixed the problem then why the same happen again NOW and blame the DC breaker . What if a new DC breaker did not fix the blow up problem and later there are 4 inverters on the wall and then the next 3 inverters blow up 152 FETs when 3 breakers turn on but at least the first inverter never did blow up . The 2 previous time the first inverter never blow up either . Something to think about ?

low frequency >>> a 48 volt 20kw LF PSW SP 2 ss box Super Power Brand supposedly in North Hampton PA today? if it arrives $508.90 via eBay auction...I thought it was another fraud scam,,,, and started to cancel through eBay,,,, but it seems now to be showing up .
I won several Ebay auctions also . Tracking show they are in Chicago so I started to cancel through Ebay because of your post . Nothing was delivered for 2 months and when I cancel the seller say it is in Walnut and will ship today . Very strange and maybe a new scram is planned by Jack for his Ebay seller .

low frequency >>> a 48 volt 20kw LF PSW SP 2 ss box Super Power Brand supposedly in North Hampton PA today? if it arrives $508.90 via eBay auction...I thought it was another fraud scam,,,, and started to cancel through eBay,,,, but it seems now to be showing up .
I won several Ebay auctions also . Tracking show they are in Chicago so I started to cancel through Ebay because of your post . Nothing was delivered for 2 months and when I cancel the seller say it is in Walnut and will ship today . Very strange and maybe a new scram is planned by Jack for his Ebay seller .
the tracking is the strangest i seen,,,, the fedex is sending it out today so i will see the 2 box 20k today

update: FedEx delivered the 22kg transformer 20k box , but the control box is not here,,, they snuck in and out without me seeing them,,, left it on a pallet next to the skidloader...
half is here>>> go figure,,, cant even get it on the same truck???

Last edited:
the 30000 watt 2 box ss LF SP PSW toroid-based heavy iron core transformer inverter Super Power brand (PowerJack build i am sure) may arrive on Monday or so according to its FedEx tracking both thru Philadelphia FedEx originally,
but I started to cancel and then they provide tracking a few days later....
eBay has the money-back guarantee plus I could employ a credit card company to sick on 'em if it did not show up...
multitasking with the rental house clean up(nasty people out there) and the farm animal care at the solar PV off-grid farm today.
have a great day ?

Back