My 3.5k Dual Array system with 5kwh eg4-ll V2 and LV6548. All in under $4k

TommySylvester

7 Suntech STP250-20/Wd
IMG_6796.jpeg
IMG_6797.jpeg
7 Csun CSUN 250-60MIMG_6795.jpeg
IMG_6798.jpeg
Lv6548
In this pic check out my dc shutoff on the positive battery lead. I’ve ordered 3 different small boxes to contain that and they all don’t accommodate the extra length added by the combining tab/lug thing on each side. Any info on a box that will fit this thing? Following pic shows my last attempt. IMG_6800.jpegimage.jpg
EG4-LL V2IMG_6805.jpeg
I’m very proud of my solution to having wrong sized ring connectors, although I will have to change it/get a rack when I get additional batteries. I could have sworn I ordered the copper ring connectors of the size required on the spec sheet but whatever it works and I’m confident I have plenty of clean contact surface properly torqued. IMG_6802.jpeg
The “No Lube” gets me every time!

So there we go!
The Sunpow panels I got for 20 bucks, a piece from a solar farm that retired them near Chattanooga. The string of 7 panels puts out ~1400w at its peak so far.
The Csun panels were $50 per @Random Craigslist guy in Alabama. He told me that they only had six months on them and I was a little skeptical, but they consistently put out at or barely over spec ~1800w. I feel like I got really lucky with these. I have seven more of each in the garage to install when I have the battery capacity or get a second inverter to run my 2 phase loads. All In time.

I use high-quality UV resistant PV wire and will permanently install and protect them when the system is finished.

I know my roof mounting methods are non-traditional, using some angled steel and some square tube aluminum, lifting a tab on my shingles, mounting to the roof joist and sealing the hell out of those penetrations, but I have access to both attic areas and have checked monthly. 1 year in, zero leaks. Are use a high-quality roof sealant and plan on resealing every five years or so. That’s why they call it diy:) that’s all I’ve got for now.

Roast away!

Thanks,
Tommy Sylvester

Attachments

• IMG_6803.jpeg
    IMG_6803.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back