diy solar

diy solar

Power field power rack owners

Nan_wpg

Solar Enthusiast
These things accommodate panels within a certain size range. I did see in a YouTube video the guy used plastic extentions that allowed for larger panels.

There is no mention of these extention pieces on the web site. Nothing in the instal instructions.

Did your power racks come with these clips?

Overall, are you happy with these mounts?

These things accommodate panels within a certain size range. I did see in a YouTube video the guy used plastic extentions that allowed for larger panels.

There is no mention of these extention pieces on the web site. Nothing in the instal instructions.

Did your power racks come with these clips?

Overall, are you happy with these mounts?
Never heard of extensions.

There are clips you hook onto the tabs at the top to hold down the panels.

For 8 ft panels I used 2 tubs.

Absolutely no issues with them except have to keep the grass down around them.

Never heard of extensions.

There are clips you hook onto the tabs at the top to hold down the panels.

For 8 ft panels I used 2 tubs.

Absolutely no issues with them except have to keep the grass down around them.

I,hadn’t heard of them either, but texasoffgrid YouTube installed his solar panels and he used these clip on extentions because his panels were bigger

You have a URL for the video?

@2:25 is when they show the “clips”. I see signiture Solar sells the power rack and they show the “clips” in one of the pictures.
The 2 bottom pieces are the locking clips for the bottom. Top piece in picture looks like the Extention Clip ATTACH]214997[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_6930.jpeg
    IMG_6930.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0

@2:25 is when they show the “clips”. I see signiture Solar sells the power rack and they show the “clips” in one of the pictures.
The 2 bottom pieces are the locking clips for the bottom. Top piece in picture looks like the Extention Clip ATTACH]214997[/ATTACH]
Those aren’t really extensions.
They are to hold the panels to the tubs.

They send them with every order..

They had no idea what size panel I was putting on and I got 2 for each tub.

If those were extensions they would have asked me what size panel I was using to determine if extension needed.
They didn’t ask.

Those aren’t really extensions.
They are to hold the panels to the tubs.

They send them with every order..

They had no idea what size panel I was putting on and I got 2 for each tub.

If those were extensions they would have asked me what size panel I was using to determine if extension needed.
They didn’t ask.

Unless I’m not understanding… the “stock” power racks already have a “flange” to hook the panel to,the tub. As per the manual. No,where on the website does it show these additional pieces. Not in the instructions either. I only found out when I watched the linked video. The YouTube Chanel guy replied to my comment asking about them,and he told me they are sent out or not based on your panel width.

So, it seems there’s a bit of lacking info on their part?

Unless I’m not understanding… the “stock” power racks already have a “flange” to hook the panel to,the tub. As per the manual. No,where on the website does it show these additional pieces. Not in the instructions either. I only found out when I watched the linked video. The YouTube Chanel guy replied to my comment asking about them,and he told me they are sent out or not based on your panel width.

So, it seems there’s a bit of lacking info on their part?
Possibly?

I never told them what size panel I was using.

I’m not even sure how it would lock into those two tabs without the other piece.
I think the angle would be wrong and wouldn’t let it lock in with the lower at the bottom.

I have an extra tub.

I will try with some of my extra panels just to see if that will even work.

Possibly?

I never told them what size panel I was using.

I’m not even sure how it would lock into those two tabs without the other piece.
I think the angle would be wrong and wouldn’t let it lock in with the lower at the bottom.

I have an extra tub.

I will try with some of my extra panels just to see if that will even work.

I emailed power field. The clips are extention that allow panels from 1011 to 1050mm to be used.

I emailed power field. The clips are extention that allow panels from 1011 to 1050mm to be used.
Interesting.

Never told NAZ what size Panel I was using.

They just came with those standard?

Maybe they just send them with every order?

Back