diy solar

diy solar

Power station attacks…..

And the subject is . . . . Power station attacks…..​

sometimes mother nature attacks private small scale power stations ? i suppose we are at least close to the topic to discuss mitigations on such occurrences

*shakes fist at cloud*

Here we go.. news media published a rumor and now all the wack-a-doodles are coming out of the woodwork like termites.

Found this on google news.
must be easy being a reporter these days. just copy and paste claims from public chat rooms with no critical thought or vetting..

i am curious about the motivation of whoever (single or multiple people) fired at the infrastructure.

perhaps eventually it will be discovered.

for now we are all in the dark

must be easy being a reporter these days. just copy and paste claims from public chat rooms with no critical thought or vetting..

i am curious about the motivation of whoever (single or multiple people) fired at the infrastructure.

You are bad.

ok, there's no need to be mean about this.

it's not as if i am making light of the situation.

lots of people are without power right now.

We can lose grid power out here in the rural countryside for a week at a time.. how come we're never on the national news? Heck, it usually doesn't even make the local news except for maybe a small blurb that flashes on the screen so fast you need freeze-frame to read it.

We can lose grid power out here in the rural countryside for a week at a time.. how come we're never on the national news? Heck, it usually doesn't even make the local news except for maybe a small blurb that flashes on the screen so fast you need freeze-frame to read it.
fishin' fo clicks ?

loss of electric power can constitute a huge issue for many people. lots of folks rely on CPAP/APAP devices and/or refrigeration, for example, as a matter of safety of life.

loss of electric power can constitute a huge issue for many people. lots of folks rely on CPAP/APAP devices and/or refrigeration, for example, as a matter of safety of life.
Here such questions are asked of people when they connect power or start on a retail electricity plan. If they tick YES to having life saving equipment / medical necessity, then the power companies are obliged to ensure security of supply to that home.

Cars are made from plastic and metal foil. Even a 22lr round will pass through a car.

In fact, I tell my wife that if she's ever shooting (back) at someone and they're hiding behind a car, just pretend the car isn't there. With the exception of the engine block, which is pretty small, and a few unlucky brackets or wheel rims in the way, most bullets will pass straight through a car so cleanly you could almost stick a dowel rod through them all to show the path of the bullet.

Well, there's a couple possibilities. Lone wolf pissed about something, or a test. There have not been many details about the timing. If both stations were hit within a couple minutes of each other, we would know that more than one person was involved.

fishin' fo clicks ?

Yup.. well aware that a variety of medical conditions depend on electrical power. Unfortunately, many of these people have no backup plan to deal with a power outage.

CPAP machines don't draw much juice, and even oxygen machines use way less than a kilowatt. I would think it wouldn't be too difficult a task to provide for some kind of backup power for these types of applications. Those little suitcase generators could even do the job.

Here such questions are asked of people when they connect power or start on a retail electricity plan. If they tick YES to having life saving equipment / medical necessity, then the power companies are obliged to ensure security of supply to that home.
Dude, I looked at your link "Backup Down Under", that's awesome!

One power station in N.C. was hit 3 weeks ago .
Four power stations were shot up November in Washington and Oregon.

Brings it to 7 stations shot in 1 month if you count Moore county for 2 stations…..which it was.

One power station in N.C. was hit 3 weeks ago .
Four power stations were shot up November in Washington and Oregon.

Brings it to 7 stations shot in 1 month if you count Moore county for 2 stations…..which it was.
5 more stations attacked in Washington.

Dumbass copy cat crimes perpetrated by morons. That's not anger talking, that's insight. These idiots aren't very smart as they are taking a big risk for a very small reward.

Here's what's going to happen in the very near future (18 months or less)

When the number of power station attacks grows to a specified level (20 a month maybe?), the government is going to start up a classified task force to catch those responsible. Probably high def cameras, covertly placed security personal, intrusion detection systems, etc. And when they catch the morons doing this stuff, its going to be 20 years in prison and their prosecution will be pasted on every media source available to make an example out of them.

That will create a risk/reward profile most idiots are not willing to gamble on.

And from last year.

Gonna need a big book to throw.

And from last year.

Gonna need a big book to throw.
It’s always the white supremacy narrative.
Like shooting transformers is gonna make POC feel threatened.
Stupidest crap I ever read.

I have zero interest in anything within the articles other than the data on the incidents.
If you can find me a convenient “power station attack scoreboard” devoid of commentary, then please do so.

Then Find out the real reason instead of just dishing out political narrative trash.
The political narrative was the reason for the attacks in one case. The other idiot just wanted to rob a local store.

Motive is an important characterizing attribute of any investigation. That's criminology 101 stuff.

99% of criminals are stupid, that's why they're criminals, the other 1% rarely get caught.

Back