diy solar

diy solar

PowerPro Battery Died Suddenly

The only light I see is the blue touch buttons. Screen and green charge indicator does not show.

Haven’t done voltage.

Also, I would check with BMS Tools to see if you can view the battery data this way and even try setting the inverter to a user-defined state bypassing BMS communication to see if this allows for charging or discharging.

BMS Tools does not communicate at all. I followed the instructions, set the COM port, baud rate, ID 64. It does not communicate at all.

Battery is stuck at 89%.
1714511136473.png

1714510558026.png

Last edited:
Sure I'll take pictures. Just to let you know. Its been installed since Dec 2023, has had ZERO issues before this.

Just called signature solar. They said it needs to be replaced, but I need to source a pallet, and shipping supplies. Is this a joke? If a product is deemed defective by the manufacturer, why do I need to find a pallet and shipping supplies? I was told to go to a "feed store" to find a pallet.

Another agent said I would be shipped a pallet, then a CS rep said we never send pallets.

Just called signature solar. They said it needs to be replaced, but I need to source a pallet, and shipping supplies. I

Another agent said I would be shipped a pallet, then a CS rep said we never send pallets.

Hey, I've got an idea!

SS doesn't ship pallets. They ship PowerPro batteries on pallets!

Since they're going to replace your PowerPro, they can ship you the replacement on a pallet.
After you unload the new working PowerPro, you can load the old failed on on the pallet and SS can have it shipped back.

Yeah seems to be the most logical thing! Not sure if the rep on the phone was mistaken or not, but she insisted I source a pallet and shipping supplies on my own. Then ship it back first.

@SignatureSolarJess is looking into it.

I think my bms just died. I do see that signature solar made him get shipping supplies and a pallet. I will not be doing that, it has been deemed defective by signature solar after 5 months of use.

They need to send me a new battery first, then I will use the pallet and box to ship the faulty one. That is standard practice.

My inverter is on lead acid mode. Battery does charge and discharge at least. But the percentage is not accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_7057.jpeg
    IMG_7057.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 8
If the BMS died I would really hope the battery wouldn't charge / discharge.

Glad to see it's not the same issue.

Hey, I've got an idea!

SS doesn't ship pallets. They ship PowerPro batteries on pallets!

Since they're going to replace your PowerPro, they can ship you the replacement on a pallet.
After you unload the new working PowerPro, you can load the old failed on on the pallet and SS can have it shipped back.
This is the service level I would expect when I pay $3400+ for a battery.

I think my bms just died. I do see that signature solar made him get shipping supplies and a pallet. I will not be doing that, it has been deemed defective by signature solar after 5 months of use.

They need to send me a new battery first, then I will use the pallet and box to ship the faulty one. That is standard practice.
I don't know if you've followed many sig solar customer service horror stories but generally they don't end up with happy stories like that

Sounds like BMS is working but communications port(s) is(are) dead.
From front panel are you able to access data at cell level, configure, etc?

Maybe some parts replacement by savvy customers would be allowed by manufacturer.
That is the case for some products.

Maybe some parts replacement by savvy customers would be allowed by manufacturer.
I've heard of this being done with SOK rack mounts (something like 11 BMS were destroyed by a lightning strike and Dexter sold the guy replacements so he didn't have to ship a massive pallet of batteries back for repair).

LCD doesn’t power on, neither does the soc charge green light.

Oh.
But you can charge and discharge battery? So we think/hope BMS is working and will protect it.

Maybe a power supply died. or maybe a cable came off.

This is what I got when I sent my return back. It was not insured; I had a sick stomach until I got the received confirmation. LOL Because no telling what happen if they don't receive the item.

Because the returning units are so large, we will have to schedule a freight carrier to retrieve the units versus simply issuing a return label. In order for a carrier to approve a pick-up, we must ensure that the package is properly strapped to a pallet. I am going to provide some instructions for executing this return:

1. Please use an appropriate-sized pallet, if possible. If you do not have one on hand, they can be found locally at various locations.

2. Place the unit back into the original packaging, or into a new cardboard box, covering the entire unit.

3. Please place the unit in the center of the pallet.

4. Please use some type of nylon rope or ratchet strap to strap the unit down to the pallet.

5. Please also ensure that the straps are only attached to the top board of the pallet. This is so that the forklift forks do not snap the rope.

6. Strap the unit with the rope in a crisscross pattern. 2 ropes in one direction, 2 crossing over.

7. Please ensure that they are tight to the pallet (it must be extremely tight).

8. Once this is all complete, use the link below to fill out our LTL request form. This form will give us detailed information about the location of the pickup. Also, a photo of the freight properly strapped to the pallet will be required as the carrier will need to approve it. Once I have received the completed LTL form, I will reach out with instructions for the remainder of the LTL process.

Back