diy solar

diy solar

[Resolved] System is down Sungoldpower 8K Hybrid inverter - Need urgent help

Probably 7PM isn't the best time to determine if you are getting the proper output from your strings, but that first set of readings doesn't look unreasonable. What if you swap to the other string (when the sun is up), do you get similar readings?

I'd probably put all eight panels into one string, then you won't have any question about meeting the MPPT minimum input voltage, and you'll generate more power during the day, and have less line loss.

Is the inverter reading voltage on that array? Does it say anything about what mode it's in or why it's not making power or charging your batteries?
I will check the Voltage reading on the Inverter display tomorrow when it is Sunny. The Inverter has been on Battery mode all along which is why the battery SOC reduced to close to 5%. It did alarm when SOC went below 15% and 10%.

No information on why the power is not getting generated or why the batteries are not getting charged.

So worst case is a defect in the charge controller portion, right? Panels could deliver current, but the controller does not pull current because it falsely "thinks" the batteries are full or there are no batteries.

I would focus on the connections AIO to battery bank. Maybe swap batteries, remove some batteries from the bank, reset the BMS if that's possible. Somehow the charger doesn't want to charge them.

Have you tried charging them from AC with the AIO?

If you don’t have grid-in, have you tried charging the batteries with a portable 54V charger?

So worst case is a defect in the charge controller portion, right? Panels could deliver current, but the controller does not pull current because it falsely "thinks" the batteries are full or there are no batteries.

I would focus on the connections AIO to battery bank. Maybe swap batteries, remove some batteries from the bank, reset the BMS if that's possible. Somehow the charger doesn't want to charge them.

Have you tried charging them from AC with the AIO?

If you don’t have grid-in, have you tried charging the batteries with a portable 54V charger?
I charged the batteries via Utility/Grid yesterday night to SOC 90% by changing the parameter 6 temporarily (to Utility can charge batteries if Solar power is not available) and it charged fine.

The inverter is still working in a bypass mode ie taking the power from the grid only because the switch from grid to batteries takes place once the Batteries SOC is 100%.

That inverter has TWO MPPT inputs. Each could connect to one string of between 3 and 9 panels.
I have put 7 panels in series last night and the voltage at the inverter is 320V. The Inverter display is reading around the same amount. The amps are still 0 on the inverter.

But not sure why Short circuit amps are around 40 amps. This seems high as in series only voltage adds up and current remains the same.

Next test will be to put the PV input (7 panels) into 2nd MPPT. Will post soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2522.jpeg
    IMG_2522.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2523.jpeg
    IMG_2523.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2524.jpeg
    IMG_2524.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2526.jpeg
    IMG_2526.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 8
Same results as above with MPPT2. Around 320V and 0 AMPs on inverter. But open circuit amps are around 40 amps.

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2527.jpeg
    IMG_2527.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2528.jpeg
    IMG_2528.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 3
Your battery is showing as full so it won't take a charge.
To check the current you could use the clamp meter around the wire and short the solar panel + and - together; I would only do this with one panel.
I'm not familiar with that meter, does it have a zero function before checking current?

I really suspect it's a setting issue or poor connection.

How do your settings compare to these?
Post in thread '4 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.' https://diysolarforum.com/threads/4-mwh-srne-asf48100u200-h-10kw.67809/post-1044376

I initially thought the same, but SOC was 5% at the beginning of this thread.
True.
It's odd the MPPT is showing voltage and it was able to charge from grid.

There was a thread not to long ago that had a similar issue, voltage fine but no current; iirc it ended up being a bad mc4 connection.

Those readings make no sense, according to the manual at https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/C1+4pwuzOSS.pdf the test leads should be disconnected while measuring amps, and only the clamp should be used.

There's no way you are getting 40 amps out of series panels when they have an Isc rating around 10 amps.

as 42OhmsPA said you could short out the string and read the current with the clamp. It _looks_ like when you turn the switch to amps it zeros out the reading, so make sure the clamp is empty and closed when you switch to amps.

Back