diy solar

diy solar

Solar Security Camera - What are your thoughts? Soliom S90 Review

I got two security cameras that take T-Mobile SIM cards... have huge 12v ups style battery and are in rugged outdoor case... anybody want them ?

Depending on where you live..... sure. Where I live my camera wouldn't work for 4-5 months of the year.
He did say that there is a 3 or 4 hour backup with no sun, but yes, it seems too unreliable.

They came with 15”square solar panels with built in charge controllers that I use to maintain my parked vehicles, and keep the bilge pump deep cycle battery charged in my houseboat...

i use poe hardwired cams they are the most relable the one i found works the best is

is the link to the cam on amazon

i use poe hardwired cams they are the most relable the one i found works the best is

is the link to the cam on amazon
looks good!

I paid $25 and got 4 solar panels, and two cameras. I’m not going to do anything with them. If someone wants them, I can pack em up, and charge ya the shipping.

I paid $25 and got 4 solar panels, and two cameras. I’m not going to do anything with them. If someone wants them, I can pack em up, and charge ya the shipping.
Are the cameras capable of broadcasting a signal other than over cellular? Or wired? If so I'd be interested

That's very nice of you Supervstech! Are these for a stationary situation, like for sticks and bricks houses or for an RV? Is it the same concept as the one I posted, i.e, a solar video cam?

Are the cameras capable of broadcasting a signal other than over cellular? Or wired? If so I'd be interested

I don’t know. I could pull them out of storage and look them over, but I think they only had the antennas, and the charge cable. No bnc or other type of video feeder...

That's very nice of you Supervstech! Are these for a stationary situation, like for sticks and bricks houses or for an RV? Is it the same concept as the one I posted, i.e, a solar video cam?
I think they are just cellular... likely off some large warehouse or parking lot...

He did say that there is a 3 or 4 hour backup with no sun, but yes, it seems too unreliable.

When you consider that they run 24/7, they'd need a LOT of stored power. Variables here can alter the view of it, like if they turn on and off with a light sensor so they don't run non stop, etc. I wouldn't do it.

Yet, then I think about roadside traffic signs that have lights powered by a small panel and they run all night.

I can argue both sides of an issue better than anybody you ever met. LOL!!!

When you consider that they run 24/7, they'd need a LOT of stored power. Variables here can alter the view of it, like if they turn on and off with a light sensor so they don't run non stop, etc. I wouldn't do it.

Yet, then I think about roadside traffic signs that have lights powered by a small panel and they run all night.

I can argue both sides of an issue better than anybody you ever met. LOL!!!
Great points! We need Supervstech to get us some of those off the tops of the poles so Will can reverse engineer them on a video to see how they work 24/7! [Just kidding!]

Great points! We need Supervstech to get us some of those off the tops of the poles so Will can reverse engineer them on a video to see how they work 24/7! [Just kidding!]
I'd like to see camera paint ball testing.

Another thing to consider is where that video came from. Hobotech is one of the bigger full time RV shills out there. He will sell his soul for free stuff. Like The Depreys, RV with Tito and most of them. Every review is "This is the greatest thing EVER!!" and then you read that they got something for free to post a positive review. There are a precious few who do NOT play that payola game.

I used to write a tech column for a small newspaper where I live. That paper had a big enough circulation that software and hardware manufacturers got wind of it and started sending me stuff with an included message similar to "We are happy to provide this to you at no charge for you to review. We think you will like our product." If it was hardware I installed it used it for a week. Software I installed and immediately started beating it up so I had a review in 2 days. In EVERY case, and I mean EVERY case, when I was done, I sent it back. That eliminated ANY doubt as to the ethics with which I wrote reviews. There was one particular case where I was sent a very early version of a Nighthawk router. I liked that router to the point that when I sent the test unit back I went out and bought one. Anybody posting reviews has to be absolutely pure in this area so the reviews can never be suspected to be tainted by the possibility that the review was positive in exchange for product. That is just basic journalistic ethics. But people like the few I mentioned above do NOT have that ethical and moral compass and they have NEVER given a bad review to anything. I actually had SMC come back to me and ask me how they could improve the thing I gave a bad review to. (I think it was some wireless USB dongle or something that dropped connection a lot.) And just to be honest since this is now on the record, most of my reviews were neutral, where I said "This item is a middle of the pack item, no better or worse than many of their competitors." Often software was just returned with no review because if, for example, CAD software was sent to someone like me with no interest, no desire and no skill to use it, how could I give it a fair review? I can't say "This stuff sucks" based on MY not being able to figure out how to use it. CAD software can take many months to master. But the key to this reply is not to speak about me as much as to tell you to be aware and skeptical of reviews you see from people who accept payola. That particular guy is widely known for this.

Back