diy solar

diy solar

Solar Sovereign/EG4 18k

Bricktop

Long story short. My EG4 18k had a short and batteries no longer would charge/discharge so it had to be returned. A day or so after I found this out the entire unit made a loud sound and completely stopped working. No lights or anything. Solar Sovereign said they were waiting for approval for return. It’s been about a week and I got approval today for return. However, I told them I do not have the box. Obviously I didn’t foresee such a problem(my fault for not reading other issues people had with these). They told me I’d get a return label. So after spending money and time getting a box, retrofitting box to work, packing and lots of tape, I get email instructions for return. Lol
Now I have to search out a pallet somewhere. I guess bring it home in my car somehow, and then strap it to the pallet with ratchet straps (that I have to buy) or something else. Then go fill out a request for a pickup.

So they send me a $5000 piece of equipment that breaks and now I have to spend hours of my time, money, and work to just return the damn thing. Let alone the time in installing and uninstalling. What a joke. I understand some inconvenience but this is rediculous. Like a lot of people I have better shit to do then find a pallet then find a way to get it to my home. And everything else. I’ve attached email with instructions. Just a reminded to anyone considering buying on of these.

Attachments

• IMG_3416.jpeg
    IMG_3416.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3417.jpeg
    IMG_3417.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 4
Rule of thumb when buying expensive equipment is that you should keep the boxes for at least six months.
If it has not died in six months then it will probably be fine for many years.

Are you a heavy inverter packing and shipping expert? I know I'm not and I would not be willing to accept the liability involved if something I strapped to a pallet came loose in transit and potentially injured someone. So, understanding what I just said, demand that they send you the replacement inverter first and by doing so, you'll have the correct packaging and pallet with which to return the defective unit.

Back