diy solar

diy solar

SRNE 12kW IP65 HES and 10kW ASP

Is there a requirement for it to be UL listed or to meet the UL specs?

"In the United States, all Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs) are required to follow the same testing procedures and maintain identical standards. Whether a product is tested and approved by ETL, UL, or any other NRTL makes no difference with regard to the standards it is required to meet."

If the product is marked by a recognized NRTL saying it has met UL 1741, then that is as good as being "UL Listed" for the purposes of code and regulatory compliance.

We should stop using the term "UL Listed" and instead use the term "Certified to UL Standards".

Here is a lit of NRTL:

If "UL Listed" was actually required, that would be granting a monopoly to company in the field of product approval. I am pleased this is not the case.

Mike C.

"UL 1741" is mentioned.
That is an earlier standard, possibly UL 1741 -SB or similar will be required.

Maybe not if not backfeeding grid.
But PG&E rejected earlier UL 1741 -SA inverter, while other models with -SA and certain features were allowed.

Some forum members have had problems with an inverter model that is now listed, but was lacking the UL sticker when shipped.

I have thought about 3-phase in the past, when I was first setting up the solar, (I could set my three current inverters to output 3-phase 208) some of the shop equipment is 3-phase I run them on VFD's. The problem is the shop equipment doesn't run all the time, and running the house loads on 3-phase just seems to make everything complicated for no gain, my brain would just explode !

230/400Y, less useful for US customers.

120/208Y could work for most of us. Use 2 legs for the house, have 3-phase for shop.
Lots of apartments and condos have 2-leg 120/208, so if you did set that up with your inverters everything should work.

I've tried several ways to couple 120/240V grid into 120/208Y Sunny Island system but couldn't.
I have it running with only 120V single phase in & backfeed (Enabling backfeed limits PV to 6.7kW instead of 30kW allowed.)

I hadn't checked the baba all week.
Some more info attached.

I will say I appreciate the honesty of the Borick sales agent.
The "SRNE official" agent hasn't replied to my question about approved retailers.

I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger on one HESP or 2 ASP's.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240425-123257.jpg
    Screenshot_20240425-123257.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240425-123513.jpg
    Screenshot_20240425-123513.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 14
Some more info attached.

The "SRNE official" agent hasn't replied to my question about approved retailers.

Hopefully 2ea asp

So I had a notification from alliexpress for new inverters.
Check out the specs on this, could be really useful to some.
View attachment 211372

$1,439.61 24%OFF | SRNE 12KW Three-Phase Hybrid Solar Inverter 48VDC To 230/400VAC Built-in Dual MPPT 260A Charger Controller PV 800VDC Max
800voc.. badass
finally not some wimpy numbers

I have thought about 3-phase in the past, when I was first setting up the solar, (I could set my three current inverters to output 3-phase 208) some of the shop equipment is 3-phase I run them on VFD's. The problem is the shop equipment doesn't run all the time, and running the house loads on 3-phase just seems to make everything complicated for no gain, my brain would just explode !
yea I like the idea, keeping it all balanced would be a lot of work though
trying to buy almost all 240volt stuff so I can keep this split phase balanced is already work enough
My only real loads of 120v are my server rack and my hot tub pump which are both 300-600 so they balance out decently putting each on a different phase

Some more info attached.

Yes, I am impressed. The fact that your unit was shipped through them gives them more credibility. Plus they seem quite responsive.
The Borick site is interesting. Those stacked SRNE systems are impressive. 20kwhr + all in one nice looking stack. I bet those are popular in China. They don't have an issue with putting things like that in plain site, and they look nice. Unlike us like Americans that tend to hide our stuff in basements, etc.

Yes, I am impressed. The fact that your unit was shipped through them gives them more credibility. Plus they seem quite responsive.
The Borick site is interesting. Those stacked SRNE systems are impressive. 20kwhr + all in one nice looking stack. I bet those are popular in China. They don't have an issue with putting things like that in plain site, and they look nice. Unlike us like Americans that tend to hide our stuff in basements, etc.
Didn't even realize they have an actual website.
Thanks.

Didn't even realize they have an actual website.
Thanks.
Just looking at their website - the spi 10k parallel is what I have now. The 12k IP65 is the SEI I have had a quote on from the supplier of my 10k @$2300 delivered. SEI had the added features we discussed earlier - ct’s, dedicated gen port, outdoor rated (I think this is there LuxPower 12k alternative) …..it a lot less $$$

Just looking at their website - the spi 10k parallel is what I have now. The 12k IP65 is the SEI I have had a quote on from the supplier of my 10k @$2300 delivered. SEI had the added features we discussed earlier - ct’s, dedicated gen port, outdoor rated (I think this is there LuxPower 12k alternative) …..it a lot less $$$
A couple years back the Lux 12k could be had on baba for ~$2800 delivered...

Just looking at their website - the spi 10k parallel is what I have now.

Link it because 10K parallel US version I'm not seeing it.
The 12k IP65 is the SEI I have had a quote on from the supplier of my 10k @$2300 delivered. SEI had the added features we discussed earlier - ct’s, dedicated gen port, outdoor rated (I think this is there LuxPower 12k alternative) …..it a lot less $$$

I can't find any of the new stuff on any sites, I usually middle click every link to go to a bunch of pages to read it all but all of them load the same page or empty broken pages half the time, especially the SRNE site lol
it says "available here" *gives yo a blank page*

this borick site at least loads the stuff though
all of their 12k ones are three phase?
I see no split phase or "ASP"

this is only mention on their entire website of these as far as I see? No "P"

1714100675594.png

buy them
if they suck you can throw them in my trash :^)

Last edited:
Back