diy solar

diy solar

SUNGOLD 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

I think I reset mine by holding down the up and down arrow keys while powering on the inverter. Check battery type and BMS communications to see if they reset to defaults, then you will know you got a factory default reset.
I stand corrected. I believe it did do a reset. Unfortunately the error is still there which leads me to believe that the inverter is fried somehow

Seems as the inverter is fried. If I turn on AC to the unit it trips the breaker when I turn on the inverter on the toggle. I don’t think that’s fixable. Hopefully Sungold will be nice to me :)))

Here a video of the code I sent to the manufacturer:
this is just of the error code.
Your inverter board has failed. This is similar to the issue Martin Hulme documented.
7E54AFCE-DE00-4AE1-A3A3-8A24716D7CAE.jpeg

You can see his videos here:

Sorry buddy, you’ll have to wait on parts from SG. They will get you what you need. Please document your board swap. It shouldn’t be difficult, but the forum needs this process documented still.

Martin is in the forum here but he isn’t very active

Seems as the inverter is fried. If I turn on AC to the unit it trips the breaker when I turn on the inverter on the toggle. I don’t think that’s fixable. Hopefully Sungold will be nice to me :)))
They’ll get you squared away but keep pressing them to send you an inverter board asap. Id keep it powered down or you may get magic sounds like Martin did

Your inverter board has failed. This is similar to the issue Martin Hulme documented.
View attachment 196903

You can see his videos here:

Sorry buddy, you’ll have to wait on parts from SG. They will get you what you need. Please document your board swap. It shouldn’t be difficult, but the forum needs this process documented still.

Martin is in the forum here but he isn’t very active
That last video he posted when it pops at 1:50 is wild. 3 times... Something isn't right.

Honestly @Iconoclaster if you still have credit card protection I'd do a charge back and get a new unit all together.

I think it's really shitty to see these failing like this. It makes me wonder if SGP is having any components changed to reduce costs. The SRNE has been all but flawless but it frustrates me to see these failing.

That last video he posted when it pops at 1:50 is wild. 3 times... Something isn't right.

Honestly @Iconoclaster if you still have credit card protection I'd do a charge back and get a new unit all together.

I think it's really shitty to see these failing like this. It makes me wonder if SGP is having any components changed to reduce costs. The SRNE has been all but flawless but it frustrates me to see these failing.
Statistically it still should be rare. We’re seeing more units come to forum with failures because Sungold has been making higher sales numbers. I think this has a lot to do with their increased online marketing. The more units they push out the door the more failures we’ll see come into the forum. I am still finding hundreds of users in other places who have been running flawless, we just never hear from them because life is peachy. The main thing is, SG appears to be helping people resolve their issues… that’s huge, especially compared to PowMr F59637BF-2FB8-43EB-9D92-EC8E1ED96739.jpeg

@Iconoclaster please continue to share your experience and communications with Sungold here in the forum, it will help everyone to document as much as possible. There are not alot of us ASF 10k guys we gotta stick together. Don’t worry too much, I have a high degree of confidence they will make you whole, they did me. It’s just going to take time

Statistically it still should be rare. We’re seeing more units come to forum with failures because Sungold has been making higher sales numbers. I think this has a lot to do with their increased online marketing. The more units they push out the door the more failures we’ll see come into the forum. I am still finding hundreds of users in other places who have been running flawless, we just never hear from them because life is peachy. The main thing is, SG appears to be helping people resolve their issues… that’s huge, especially compared to PowMr View attachment 196907
This is very true.
Im glad to here they are stepping up in the support department but don't necessarily agree with having users swapping boards.
Hell if that's the case sell them at a discount dis-assembled, I'll sign up.

Edit to add, I know that's not your wiring setup 😉

This is very true.
Im glad to here they are stepping up in the support department but don't necessarily agree with having users swapping boards.

Funny you’d mention, I’ve been seeing more used equipment hit the SG website, some pretty awesome prices on it too. I’ll drop it into my cart and usually within a day or two it will say unit unavailable. Someone is buying the used inverters pretty quick

Funny you’d mention, I’ve been seeing more used equipment hit the SG website, some pretty awesome prices on it too. I’ll drop it into my cart and usually within a day or two it will say unit unavailable. Someone is buying the used inverters pretty quick
They have a used section?…..
Fml

This is very true.

This!!! No way would I agree to do this board swap.They need to honor their warranty.

This!!! No way would I agree to do this board swap.They need to honor their warranty.
Hulme is in a thread in here talking about how it was not difficult to change the board. I asked him if he documented the process and if he could share his steps and he never responded. The hardest part is getting the adhesive off the terminal connectors. If @Iconoclaster has had the unit for awhile I’d just attempt the board swap, if it’s a relatively new unit I’d mail it back like I did mine and ask for a new unit

My wallet is so glad these are sold out.

In the new equipment section if used is available a tab appears at bottom of page that says used, toggle it on and a 10k is 910.00
IMG_2118.jpeg

Edit; I was unsuccessful in finding the 910 dollar one

Last edited:
I stand corrected. I believe it did do a reset. Unfortunately the error is still there which leads me to believe that the inverter is fried somehow

@Iconoclaster please continue to share your experience and communications with Sungold here in the forum, it will help everyone to document as much as possible. There are not alot of us ASF 10k guys we gotta stick together. Don’t worry too much, I have a high degree of confidence they will make you whole, they did me. It’s just going to take time

Damn guys, I'm beginning to feel I was lucky as hell only having minor correctable issues (with the exception of the POS Wireless krap!)....
Did I dodge a bullet...

feel I was lucky as hell

I disagree. Of course when you buy something on the internet, actually from China with a fulfillment center in Los Angeles, you do roll the dice. So, yes, you were "lucky". So was I.

I estimate that 95% of all delivered units worked right out of the box without problems. Those people won't come online to a DIY forum. Then there are those by professional installers who buy multiple units every month.

With the aggressive pricing, SGP surely sold a lot of units.

There was a vendor "AOLithium" who had 48V100Ah racks for $999 in November, no sales tax, free shipping. Great price. I did not see them discussed here, that's why I did not buy them. Maybe they are so good that nobody starts threads about them LOL

Signature Solar on the other hand...

EDIT:
the Wifi reporting works again. "They" upgraded their servers over the weekend.

Back