diy solar

diy solar

Sungoldpower 24V / 3kW - AC input breaker question

glock35ipsc

Going through the manual for the SGP 24V/3kW all-in-one, for the "AC input wire diameter and switch" they recommend:

AC input breaker from manual.jpg

Am I to read that as needing a 2P 40A breaker in the mains panel that supplies the AC input to the all-in-one? On the AC output they recommend the same, and I often see people using a 40A circuit breaker on the AC output right out of the inverter. But for the input, I can't picture what they are trying to say. When I emailed SGP, I got a less than helpful answer lol.

They then go on to state that there is already an appropriate circuit breaker at the mains panel, soooo never mind. I have an empty slot in my panel that already has a 20A breaker available. Is this sufficient to supply the all-in-one?

I guess my real question is..... regarding supplying the all-in-one with AC from the mains, what size and type (single or double pole) breaker do I need at the mains panel?

I believe your model is 120vAC. The Mains AC in breaker at the AIO is located at the bottom where the wires are fed in. It has a push to reset style button. To supply AC from your service panel to the AIO while using 10awg wire I would go for a 30a 1 pole breaker at your service panel. Since the rating of your unit is 3kw the current it can deliver is 25a from the inverter. (3000w/120vAC=25 amps).

Back