diy solar

diy solar

The Meme that defines this Forum

I think most ppl here are DIY…this is a diy forum.... which means we are different. We do things for ourselves vs depending on other ppl.
I use to challenge ppl to do things like diy for themselves.
Some ppl come up with good reasons as to why they can’t DIY. Some ppl for instance should not be around electricity.
Some reasons are acceptable for why ppl can’t diy… and it means we are NOT EQUAL

Never mind what is preached “we are all the same and we are all equal.” I think that has been proven wrong many times.
Again Some ppl have a permanent can’t do anything attitude and won’t even try.. Their excuses fly…

Always figured if I do a job myself get the new knowledge and tools to do new things again at a later time vs paying other ppl to do it over and over. Maybe For myself or other family - friends. Great way to save money…..if ppl have the time. Money is time …. I’ve never understood how ppl making minimum wage can pay for most everything without going further in debt-using credit cards. That is what many of them do and double down on being broke - poor. Necessity has always motivated ppl ….me .

I THINK: What is in our future is going to require a whole lot of diy ……. Or we are going to die sooner than expected. Ppl that can’t diy are probably going to be victims.

Ppl need water, food, shelter, and clothing to deal with elements.

Your meme shows a person stranded doing what use to be taught never leave a crash site - wait to be rescued …. At some point we figure out have to save ourselves. No one is coming. Despite the old teachings of staying at the crash site to be rescued. Some problems are old taught ways that must be altered. Dependency vs Independent.

The Govt wants us dependent on them.

At the same time this is our Govt watching us. Imagine if we watched them in like wise manner.

IMG_6234.jpeg

I'm way over 40, and I need it explained also.
This forum is all about helping people.
OK I'll bite: you can take care of yourself and issues as they emerge, or you can wait for someone else to solve them for you. your choice.
I choose to make every effort to solve the problems myself. if I absolutely cannot then i ask for help. this is not victim mentality, this is victor mentality. I am in it to win it.

OK I'll bite: you can take care of yourself and issues as they emerge, or you can wait for someone else to solve them for you. your choice.
I choose to make every effort to solve the problems myself. if I absolutely cannot then i ask for help. this is not victim mentality, this is victor mentality. I am in it to win it.
I agree with this mentality.
I just don't get how the meme fits the forum.
The meme appears to be anti forum.
Maybe I am taking it too literally.

I agree with this mentality.
I just don't get how the meme fits the forum.
The meme appears to be anti forum.
Maybe I am taking it too literally.
i think, just me mind you that we are all in our own ways attempting to take control of one aspect of our lives, that may be total power production to save money, to create a bit of independence, or as one member has often said, His insulin needs to be kept refrigerated, so he uses his system as a backup to the grid for that purpose.

but essentially we are all taking that step to solve a problem vice waiting upon others to solve it for us.

Obviously I could be out in left field, that's just how I took it.

i think, just me mind you that we are all in our own ways attempting to take control of one aspect of our lives, that may be total power production to save money, to create a bit of independence, or as one member has often said, His insulin needs to be kept refrigerated, so he uses his system as a backup to the grid for that purpose.

but essentially we are all taking that step to solve a problem vice waiting upon others to solve it for us.

Obviously I could be out in left field, that's just how I took it.
I completely agree.
But we are all here to get help in doing so.
Together, the title and the meme says don't look for help here.

I mostly want opinions and different ideas. I may or may not take them. I have a ton of electric and hvac experience but like everything else I don't know it all.
Not that I can't figure it out but just always looking for something better!

Actually never mind, it's just a meme.
I don't care. lol
Thank you. Yall are taking this way too deep.

We have to take the initiative to prepare for an emergency. This includes making your own power instead of relying on the grid.

But you need experience for your first attempt at DIY. I certainly did, and that's what drove me to this forum.

The brain trust here were also newbies once a very long time ago. I am eternally grateful for their knowledge and guidance that allowed me to prepare my DIY backup system.

Now I am transitioning to one of the experienced guys where I can offer my insight. I have learned from all the dumb things I have done, and hopefully can minimize other newbies from duplicating my efforts.

Back