diy solar

diy solar

Update on the Water Damage

Your property insurance should contract a remediation company that will FORCE ingress to an unhealthy and damaging property condition.

my condo had a neighbors unit burst a water heater one winter, flooded both adjacent units, my insurance scheduled remediation, broken unit homeowners were in India for the winter, and had shut off their power, but left the water on... the building froze the pipes and made a mess... anyway, they knocked down the door of the unit mechanical room, and shut off the water pending their repair of the leak.
I know everyone doesn't want to read all my posts ^ but the property manager works a block away. They could have let the plumbers in any day of the week. The 3rd leak was the waste supply line leak on Christmas eve morning. The liars that live there said they had to work for 3 MORE days. They didn't let him fix it. I couldn't use by shower and they weren't supposed to either, but THEY DId any way and flooded my floor again (4th time). This is so messed up in so many ways. I had a different NIGHTMARE renter up there for 3 years and I didn't sleep for 3 years. These renters are at least much quieter. It really sucks that I am comparing problem renters, but that is par for the course. Moral of the story: NEVER, EVER, EVER buy a condo, and NEVER EVER buy one if you have upstairs neighbors. P.S. It's too late now for ingress... I contacted the Board and the main property manager and neither helped. I may be including them in a lawsuit.

I know everyone doesn't want to read all my posts ^ but the property manager works a block away. They could have let the plumbers in any day of the week. The 3rd leak was the waste supply line leak on Christmas eve morning. The liars that live there said they had to work for 3 MORE days. They didn't let him fix it. I couldn't use by shower and they werren't supposed to either, but THEY DId any way and flooded my floor again (4th time). This is so messed up in so many ways. I had a different NIGHTMARE renter up there for 3 years and I didn't sleep for 3 years. These renters are at least much quieter. It really sucks that I asm comparing problem renters, but that is par for the course. Moral of the story: NEVER, EVER, EVER buy a condo, and NEVER EVER buy one if you have upstairs. P.S. It's too late now for ingress... I contacted the Bopard and the main property manager and neither helped. I may be including them in a lawsuit.
Yes... but the contractors can FORCE POWER AND WATER Disconnect of the property until permitted repairs are made...

Your insurance company should FORCE this condition... since your insured living space is being damaged...

code certificate of occupancy revocation will FORCE the property owners to vacate their property until repairs performed by licensed contractors have completed repairs.

Your insurance company should FORCE this condition... since your insured living space is being damaged...

code certificate of occupancy revocation will FORCE the property owners to vacate their property until repairs performed by licensed contractors have completed repairs.
Well...it's too late now. Where were you before to tell me that? I'm not asking for real, NO OFFENSE! It was Christmas. Everyone was celebrating or not working (but not me.) It's OK. I am celebrating now.

Moral of the story: NEVER, EVER, EVER buy a condo, and NEVER EVER buy one
That has been my position for a very long time. I've done voluntary storm cleanup following several major tornado outbreaks.
If someone holds a deed on a condo/townhouse & the storm destroys part of their building but their unit is undamaged they may still suffer a significant loss if the association chooses to build new vs repair. With the structure compromised the owner is deprived use if water, sewer, electric, & gas are interrupted. Without their own damage no insurance as no natural disaster damage to their unit.
In a row townhouse & the roof starts leaking the owner is left begging the association to fix it & if the association votes down the expenditure the owner is stuck & needs to initiate legal action to seek resolution.

That has been my position for a very long time. I've done voluntary storm cleanup following several major tornado outbreaks.
If someone holds a deed on a condo/townhouse & the storm destroys part of their building but their unit is undamaged they may still suffer a significant loss if the association chooses to build new vs repair. With the structure compromised the owner is deprived use if water, sewer, electric, & gas are interrupted. Without their own damage no insurance as no natural disaster damage to their unit.
In a row townhouse & the roof starts leaking the owner is left begging the association to fix it & if the association votes down the expenditure the owner is stuck & needs to initiate legal action to seek resolution.
Eeewwwww!

anybody wanna buy my condo?

UPDATE: I went to do paint touch ups and there are gaps in some of the crown molding and gouges (they re-used my old molding). They will have to repair it as well as putting more paint on areas. It looks like he only did one coat (or less) on the molding and wainscoating...**Heavy sigh**. Next week...hopefully...

Well...it's too late now. Where were you before to tell me that? I'm not asking for real, NO OFFENSE! It was Christmas. Everyone was celebrating or not working (but not me.) It's OK. I am celebrating now.
So sorry... I just got remainder of my situation and knew it was similar...

same thing happened when a random car drove through my living room... the fire department pulled my meter, and I had to have all repairs completed and inspections passed before I was allowed back in my home.

same thing happened when a random car drove through my living room... the fire department pulled my meter, and I had to have all repairs completed and inspections passed before I was allowed back in my home.

Wow! So sorry to hear that! I hope you had insurance! (The contractor discounted me $500 of the $1,000 deductible, so that was good news.)

Wow, reading your water damage saga is like a rollercoaster of condo nightmares! I can't believe the ordeal you've been through with those neighbors. It's mind-boggling how some people can be so indifferent to the mess they create.

The lack of cooperation from your neighbors, especially during that waste supply line leak on Christmas Eve, sounds beyond frustrating. I can only imagine how you must've felt dealing with all those floods and problem renters. It sounds like a unique kind of stress that no one should have to go through. I caught the part where you mentioned your insurance scheduling remediation. If you ever find yourself in a situation like this again (hope not!), I recently heard about Murrieta flood damage services that are pretty efficient in managing such crises. Might be worth checking out for anyone going through a water damage nightmare. Wishing you all the best in getting this sorted out!

Last edited:
Back