diy solar

diy solar

Weird issue with 6000XP 🤷‍♂️

I was wondering if charging with the chargeverter would speed up the process on balancing them out. Unfortunately I’m still waiting for mine to ship lol
If you’d like to dm me your order number, I can look into your expected ship date! :)

I can certainly relate to that. I struggled for months trying to get my stack of 8 EG4 Lifepower4 batteries to charge evenly while hooked up to a pair of EG4 EX6500. I got so frustrated with EG4's inability to properly support the unit, I did the upgrade program and now have a single EG4 6000xp in service, and the other one as a spare. The batteries seem to balance a lot better now, I think that might have something to do with the firmware upgrade I did. I still am not out of the woods though as I know my system is not optimized. The thing that bothers the heck out of me with this new inverter is that I want to be able to set the charge amperage manually and the unit wants to determine it from what it sees from BMS and it seems to have a lot of problems talking to my batteries. I had upgraded my eight batteries with the upgrade dongle and thought I had done a good job, but my unit only sees 5 batteries. I never had the correct cable to hook my batteries up to a PC. Signature Solar is sending me one, but it literally takes them two weeks to process and internal order and ship anything. I'll confirm battery firmware once the cable arrives.
If you’d also like to send me a dm with your order number or name and email address, I can look into when your cable should arrive!

Back