diy solar

diy solar

Why do I want to add more solar panels when I don't need them?

I have 98 panels in use. And 91 waiting to be installed.
I'm still watching for solar panel sales. lol
Definitely more that my 72.
34kw.

From now until Probably November I should be more than good.

It’s Nov-Dec- Jan that are the issue.

December mostly.

Not sure how many panels will be enough.

What are you using to mount yours?

The mounting is almost as expensive as the panels.

The goal in life is N+1

N=whatever you have of current state. Meaning, you always want/need another
This is my life motto for automobiles. I believe I’ve owned more vehicles than my years on this pale blue dot
As the saying goes.

2 is 1 and 1 is none.

Mine bitcoin with the excess power.
how does the bitcoin mining work out these days? currently trying to use my excess power and was looking into bitcoin mining but seems to be a net loss even with free power somehow. unless i should buy a second hand miner from facebook marketplace? was a little worried about the noise but i can shut them off when i sleep.

AliExpress. Bought 2 miners, $360 a piece. On 220v they burn 1500 watts. I run them when I have excess solar. So far I have made $125 usd running them in the past 2 months.

This is what I do
Do you find that mining bitcoin right now in history is actually worth it? I'm considering getting a bitcoin miner and hooking it up to the smart load port on my inverters.

Do you find that mining bitcoin right now in history is actually worth it? I'm considering getting a bitcoin miner and hooking it up to the smart load port on my inverters.
It's all opinion. I'm profitable right now, but its not much. I'm just in the accumulation part right now until the next bull run.

You don't want to mine when it's at All Time High. That's when you don't yield as much actual coin. Mine when the price is lower and yield is higher.

So let's say you spent $700 on the miners. You will need about 8-9kw solar system to produce enough electricity to run it, so maybe around another $2900. Total cost around $3600 and produces $60 per month, so ROI 5 years. How long do those miners last?

So let's say you spent $700 on the miners. You will need about 8-9kw solar system to produce enough electricity to run it, so maybe around another $2900. Total cost around $3600 and produces $60 per month, so ROI 5 years. How long do those miners last?
I don't look at estimating ROI, because the coin could 10x or be worth nothing in a year. I just take it day by day and hope it gets up to a high enough value that I'm inclined to sell.

I paid off all my equipment, $10-12k, in the first year. Now, 3 years in, im still all profit.

I'm also GPU mining. No ASICS.

If one views freedom as an ROI, the return is instant
I know that isn’t applicable for all, but regardless of system size, every little bit decreases poco dependency.
Sometimes a change in perspective does a lot

I don't look at estimating ROI, because the coin could 10x or be worth nothing in a year. I just take it day by day and hope it gets up to a high enough value that I'm inclined to sell.

I paid off all my equipment, $10-12k, in the first year. Now, 3 years in, im still all profit.

I'm also GPU mining. No ASICS.
How do you GPU mine?
And how did you pay off your equipment in 1 year? That's amazing

How do you GPU mine?
And how did you pay off your equipment in 1 year? That's amazing
GPU mining uses no special equipment. You can GPU mine with a standard desktop gaming PC.

I did it the easier way by buying all my GPUs for a good price, and only buying another GPU with the profits of my mining. I only had to front the money for my first few GPUs. It snowballs from buying a GPU every couple months, to every week or so. I stopped buying when my solar system couldn't support anymore.

Back