diy solar

diy solar

6 free cracked/shattered 370w HT panels, AZ

G00SE

There’s two O’s in G00SE
I don’t know if there is any value to these or not.
They were delivered as you see, unfortunately.
I have no plans for them, if noone wants them, that’s okay too.
But if they are of any use to someone, let me know and they’re yours
They are all in similar condition

IMG_0787.jpeg
IMG_0786.jpeg
IMG_0785.jpeg
IMG_0784.jpeg

Wow what a disaster!
I am sure someone nearby would want these to just get some extra PV in the summer.
Maybe they could use some kind of cheap clear tint over the glass and caulking on the edges to slow down the water penetration.

I assume the company sent replacements?
How many panels made it without breaking?

I received 15 loose panels with 9 undamaged. I was promised refund for the damaged panels but haven’t seen it yet. It’s been 4 months and I’m just tired of looking at them
The company doesn’t typically ship loose panels, I received 6 full pallets with zero damage. Unfortunately care was not taken for this partial pallet that was me just trying to clear the “excess” from their warehouse. They just tossed em on a pallet and sent em

Clear UV resistant self leveling epoxy would do the trick. Hard to say how long it would last.

They could be mounted vertically, under an overhang and might last a long time. If these were closer I come get them and would try it.

The cheapest source of Clear UV resistant self levelling epoxy in the UK is £42 plus postage for 1.4kg or 3lbs, good undamaged used 250W panels are £35 so you can see the issue.

It looks to be cheaper in the US. I found gallons for $50. Free + $50 is a bargain if not far away.
Its the 2 day drive that I can't afford.

Back