diy solar

diy solar

Anyone buying these 305ah envision cells?

As both of mine are from 18650, the envision, eve.
Envisions are better balanced as they have about 3 more weeks on them, and we're also on a 5 amp balancer. @89 I would bite, @$79 I am sitting down for the buffet.

As both of mine are from 18650, the envision, eve.
Envisions are better balanced as they have about 3 more weeks on them, and we're also on a 5 amp balancer. @89 I would bite, @$79 I am sitting down for the buffet.
Have exactly the same experience

Have exactly the same experience
How are your Eves balancing out, did you do any active balance on them, mine were all the same voltage, wo in the case they went, may have to pull and add balancer if not low enough in 10 cycles.

How are your Eves balancing out, did you do any active balance on them, mine were all the same voltage, wo in the case they went, may have to pull and add balancer if not low enough in 10 cycles.
Have an active balancer hookup, but so far my passive balancer ( seplos BMS) keeps them all in check.
That being said, the envision s charge and discharge much more even

I was seeing the same thing(charge/discharge balance) but thought it might just be the Eves only have 3x cycles on them.

My EEL box arrived. It's version 3. The case is redesigned, but the front panel is the same. The previous case had some shoulders at the front end that limited the width of the cells and would have made it MUCH more difficult to fit in my 304 grade B cells. I was even thinking of having to cut or bend to fit them in. During the several weeks waiting for the box, I used threaded rod and plywood ends to compress the cells a bit. The new case design and some pre-compression worked and I was able to fit the cell in with a little pushing on front plate to allow the screws to engage. Currently charging and top-balancing the cells in groups of 4 (with a JBD BMS before I hook it all up. Haven't done any capacity testing.

In terms of buying the EEL box: I bought the first one via email with Howard after checking out their site. For this one, my credit card had an extra cash back % for orders through AliExpress, so I ordered from the EEL store and got a better price and the newer design. It was a little rougher experience - they somehow messed up my phone number and delayed shipment - but it's here and everything worked out so far.

My EEL box arrived. It's version 3. The case is redesigned, but the front panel is the same. The previous case had some shoulders at the front end that limited the width of the cells and would have made it MUCH more difficult to fit in my 304 grade B cells. I was even thinking of having to cut or bend to fit them in. During the several weeks waiting for the box, I used threaded rod and plywood ends to compress the cells a bit. The new case design and some pre-compression worked and I was able to fit the cell in with a little pushing on front plate to allow the screws to engage. Currently charging and top-balancing the cells in groups of 4 (with a JBD BMS before I hook it all up. Haven't done any capacity testing.

In terms of buying the EEL box: I bought the first one via email with Howard after checking out their site. For this one, my credit card had an extra cash back % for orders through AliExpress, so I ordered from the EEL store and got a better price and the newer design. It was a little rougher experience - they somehow messed up my phone number and delayed shipment - but it's here and everything worked out so far.
Send us some pictures, hopefully with top off, back of front pannel.

On the Envision B cells, one comment while top-balancing: I noticed that the voltage difference betrween cells is a bit more than I would expect while charging. I originally ordered 20 cells, intending to build a 48v and a 12v pack, so I can match cells if needed. I swapped out one cell because of the voltage difference while charging with the JBD BMS. Another set of 4 is charging now. Going from 1-2A charge current to 10A charge current, the change in cell voltage (starting around 3.315v) was .017, .012, .037, and .007v, so the internal resistance is not well matched. The BMS now has them matched within 0.008v across the 4-pack. Thinking about taking all the worst cells for the 4-pack, which I'll use for a GoalZero Yeti 1250 expansion pack.

With the 5 amp balancer hooked up, I had mine down to 35mv between all cells @56.5v (cells showed 3.58-3.623v, I have my seplos bms set up like Andy form off grid garage, with a couple of minor tweaks for testing.

Was just watching the assembly video they have on the EEL youtube channel. Looks like the battery mount front plate (the one inside the box behind the outer front plate) screws on and could possibly provide more room if the cells are swollen?

How long did the shipping take when you ordered from AE?

Was just watching the assembly video they have on the EEL youtube channel. Looks like the battery mount front plate (the one inside the box behind the outer front plate) screws on and could possibly provide more room if the cells are swollen?

How long did the shipping take when you ordered from AE?
Yes, exactly. I turned the box on its back end to use the weight of the batteries to help compress them while I threaded the bolts that hold that plate in place. In the end I was able to fully seat the front plate (edges to mating flanges on the box). As I mentioned, I had compressed the cells prior to installing them. There was some rebound, but in the end it worked fine.

Shipping was opaque. AliExpress showed no update to the tracking on the day it arrived. I paid for the order July 21st and it arrived Sept 13th. As I noted there was some problem with my phone number, which the shipping company figured out, so there was a week or two delay there.

Back